I try not to look......

Yes, that would be a beautiful rifle to use; and I imagine it shoots as good as it looks.

I bought a M48 Custom .300WSM back in something like 2006 when they first came out. It's been my "go to" killing stick ever since. Since then I've only taken a single big game critter with anything else…and frankly I wished for my .300 every time I pulled the trigger.

Yes, it was worth liquidating a gun collection to procure.

No, you don't really need anything else.

The NCR is a beautiful and the 300 WSM is all you need to hunt most game but how much fun would that be?

JD338

JD338":z9rdt262 said:
The NCR is a beautiful and the 300 WSM is all you need to hunt most game but how much fun would that be?

JD338

A chill passed over me as I read that thought! What a bleak world if we could only shoot one rifle!

Exactly I am himing & hawing about selling 2 of my centre fires. I am not sure I can do it :). It just took me too long to build this little collection up!

Blessings,
Dan

SJB358":29xgko57 said:
cloverleaf":29xgko57 said:
What else do you need. CL

Nothin, but when has that stopped any of us Troy!

To true....sad perhaps....but too true. "The NCR is a beautiful and the 300 WSM is all you need to hunt most game but how much fun would that be?"

JD338:)

My gracious- hes right- what was I thinking...!~ CL

That's why we are the home of rifle nuts. You could get away with just one rifle either the 300 WSM or 280AI for 95% of all game but it's just way more fun to have 5-6 or 10-12 or 20-24 rifles to choose from. Just cause!! Plus you could call them an investment!!

sask boy":32he4dkw said:
Exactly I am himing & hawing about selling 2 of my centre fires. I am not sure I can do it :). It just took me too long to build this little collection up!

Blessings,
Dan

Don't do it Dan, 4 centerfires is not that bad. I have been downsizing as well but am having trouble going less than 4 myself so in the end that is likely what it will be.

Actually gerry, I have a few more than that :shock:. But I still don't want to get rid of them but we will see.
It is a shame that they will not get used :(.

Blessings,
Dan

The truth be told I when I started thinking about it I have more than 4 centerfires as well :shock: however I am downsizing right now.

I'm liquidating my inventory and a couple of handguns too.
I'll just use my Savage 6.5x284 and Nosler .338 Win Mag, when I get it, as I can't see much of a need for any other cartridges.
I do of course have a 25-06 and 30-06 but they rarely get shot. I'm inclined to use the .338 for everything now. I hate to see how bad I'm going to be when I get that Nosler.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I'm glad I don't have to make that decision! With the accusation of the Whelen I'm fairly well set. I have my 257 Roberts that is a dual purpose round, varmints and deer size game, two 30-06's the do all caliber which one of those was intended to be a donor, a 300Bee which I haven't figured out what I'm going to do with, it was won at a raffle and served to keep me from going stir crazy while sitting around the house with the ankle and finally there's the Whelen which is keeping me occupied right now. So I think I have everything covered with what I have and can't see getting rid of any of them but then I've been known to sell one now and then when someone else can't live with out it and pays the price for their wants. Yeah I don't let them go cheap since I always plan on replacing them. But I still find myself yearning for that custom Whelen I was going to build out of the M70 30-06 which could still happen.

Back