My Coues Killing Nosler M48

bullet

Handloader
Dec 26, 2007
Beginning my load work with my Coues Killing Nosler M48 7mm08 will be using 150gr LRAB 2800 - 2827fps. Amazing BC .611 and the Speer 160gr SPBT BC is .519 :)

IMG_1832_zps29000c08.jpg

IMG_18232_zpsd361625d.jpg

IMG_1837_zpsc804eed0.jpg

IMG_1835_zps34bcff36.jpg

HOGWILD338-378":j5oiaeji said:
Really sweet looking combo and I can see that folding many Coues deer and Stink Pigs :shock:

Yes, this one rifle has dropped 10 game. Five whitetail, two coyotes, a fox and two wild boar. Three deer two coyotes with the 140gr Accbond, two deer, two pigs and a fox with 160gr Speer SPBT

Congratulations on a real winner. I am sure that the ABLRs are going to workout just fine in that Nosler rifle.

Blessings,
Dan

My Nosler M48 Custom 7mm08, with an FX-3 6x42mm Leupold scope and is shooting a 150gr Nosler Long Range AccuBond Boatail at over 2800fps. I will use this for ranges out to 650yds with 700yds being my extreme max. I will use this setup for taking Blackbear, Whitetail deer, Mule deer, Coues deer, Elk, Hogs, Coyote and Cobcat.

Its total weight including scope and mounts is 7.8 pounds. Just a perfect all around rifle and cartridge using the 150gr LRAB for so many things and a great mountain rifle to boot because of the light weight and perfect balance. This is my favorite set up.

Here are a few more pictures.

IMG_1859_zpsfd2d3bb1.jpg

IMG_1925_zpsdc5a7884.jpg

IMG_1910_zps51fd519b.jpg

IMG_1898_zps4dd76687.jpg

IMG_1893_zpsf45941e9.jpg

IMG_1875_zps5f4641c3.jpg

That is one sweet looking rig :)!!
Do you have a load developed for the 150gr. ABLRs?

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":2s4nk8l6 said:
That is one sweet looking rig :)!!
Do you have a load developed for the 150gr. ABLRs?

Blessings,
Dan

Yes, still in the testing process working with W760 for three reasons with this bullet. 1. Being ball powder it will be easier on my throat than extruded. 2. It gives me velocities at 2800fps up to 2830fps and I am not at max or over max. 3. Good accuracy. As soon as I get a chance due to job I will be back at the range and then will post my final velocity findings and accuracy.

Nice rig Mike... that's three of my favorite things in one package... the M48, a Leupold 6x and 7mm-08!!!

hodgeman":3qp9sxxq said:
Nice rig Mike... that's three of my favorite things in one package... the M48, a Leupold 6x and 7mm-08!!!

Well two out of three aint bad!! :cry: :mrgreen: Just kidding Mike that is a great set-up and I love me the 6x42 Leupolds. One awesome scope!

hodgeman":33zqxcpq said:

:) :) :)

6mm Remington":2xww5q09 said:
hodgeman":2xww5q09 said:

Well two out of three aint bad!! :cry: :mrgreen: Just kidding Mike that is a great set-up and I love me the 6x42 Leupolds. One awesome scope!

Yes, the FX-3 is a real step above my FX-II. In test with both I get more low light time with the FX-3, but what really is the set up is the fact that the FX-3 is a real deal when it comes to edge to edge clarity and is much better out to the edges than the FX-II

bullet":1bubp2lj said:
6mm Remington":1bubp2lj said:
hodgeman":1bubp2lj said:

Yes, the FX-3 is a real step above my FX-II. In test with both I get more low light time with the FX-33, but what really is the set up is the fact that the FX-3 is a real deal when it comes to edge to edge clarity and is much better out to the edges than the FX-II
Which reticule do you have in the FX-3?

truck driver":3pd3u47g said:
bullet":3pd3u47g said:
6mm Remington":3pd3u47g said:
hodgeman":3pd3u47g said:

Yes, the FX-3 is a real step above my FX-II. In test with both I get more low light time with the FX-3, but what really is the set up is the fact that the FX-3 is a real deal when it comes to edge to edge clarity and is much better out to the edges than the FX-II
Which reticule do you have in the FX-3?

Just the Duplex because I prefer to set my zero and my max on my scope and the rest I do with clicks. On the FX-II I have the LR Duplex. Usually on real long shots on Coues you have a lot of time to get you self ready, sometimes waiting three or more hours for them to move in a position to take a better shot as they lay in the shade.

Back