Which bore guides fit the M48?

When I get mine I'll let you know. :)
Is there an issue with commonly purchased bore guides and Nosler rifles?

Vince":3jfo2nt4 said:
When I get mine I'll let you know. :)
Is there an issue with commonly purchased bore guides and Nosler rifles?

I may have mine before you, lol...

To answer your question,
Not that I'm aware of...but the better bore guides are model specific to a degree...the fit sometimes depends on bolt diameter.

So I guess a better question might be...what is the bolt diameter of the M48?

I sent Possum Hollow an email last night inquiring about a bore guide for my M48...Eric replied to my email today, stated that they do make bore guides for the M48's but they don't have that number listed in their size chart yet...he knew exactly what I needed.

I should have a bore guide to fit my M48 in short order...priced right too!!!

Thank You again Shawn!

New question...

Will a 36" rod work with the guide in place...or will I need a 44" rod?

Call up Sinclair International, ask for their center fire bolt action cleaning rod guide O-ring type. Tell them the caliber/cartridge and the bolt diameter. $19.99 best product for the money IMO.

Ridgerunner665":31rs2f17 said:
New question...

Depends, it's not the rod guide but the rifle stock that it must clear, I use 44" ones for most of my rifle but I also have a 52" for the really long barrels .27 cal and up.

Thanks... I have the Possum Hollow guide ordered already.

My rifle only has a 24" barrel... I didn't think it needed to clear the stock too...I'm new at this bore guide stuff...I've been using Otis cables to do my cleaning for nearly 30 years.

The Possum Hollow is the same thing sold through Sinclair International, that's the type I've used and they work very well at keeping junk out of your action.

A 36" rod might be long enough, but it will be close enough that the handle/your hand will come close to the butt of the stock...... the action/bolt is in line with the cheek piece. You'll find the rod will just clear the top of the cheek/riser of the stock. If you open the bolt and draw a line from that point, you'll see the parallel line/relationship between the two and just how close they actually are depending on the stock design. It might be long enough I just prefer the longer 44" rod since this will work with everything except over a 28" barrel.

Learned to appreciate long cleaning rods when I had that 30" Krieger on my Model 70 match rifle...

This bore guide also works great with the Nosler rifle (perfect fit in the receiver)... https://deweyrods.com/product/abs-2-24- ... -rod-guide

I bought that one a while back, it works...but there is one that is longer, made for scoped rifles... https://deweyrods.com/product/abs-2s-24 ... ped-rifles

That one would get the end out past the scope...which is good.

The Possum Hollow one should be here soon...and I went with a 36" Tipton Carbon Fiber cleaning rod...just long enough to work with the Possum Hollow guide and not let the jag completely exit the bore (bad).

Ridgerunner665":3k3hwgbc said:
New question...

You will want as much length as possible in the rod, especially if you have a guide with a solvent port. Buy at least a 44".

Got the Possum Hollow bore guide today...the 36" rod should work perfect with it and let the jag exit the muzzle just enough that the patch falls off...leaving the bore rider section in the bore so as to not be dragging the edges of the jag over the crown.

Back