Paid For

Vince

Handloader
May 26, 2012
Called Nosler today and paid for my M48 in 30-06.
Now I just need to be patient. That's not something I'm known for. I'm really looking forward to this boomer. If it don't shoot as good as my Ruger 30-06 I'm going to be a little disappointed. The Ruger gives me three shots at 100 Yards in a consistent 0.5 " group using a charge of IMR 4350 and the Barnes 180 grain TTSX.
I'd like to see the Nosler shoot in the 0.4" range at least with a properly worked up load.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

The left hand 30-06 with a 26 " barrel in green and slate.

Congrats, it will be interesting to see what a 26" barreled 30-06 gets for speed.

Good for you Vince :wink: a -06 with a 26" tube is something you don't see that often.
I am looking forward to photos & a range report.

Blessings,
Dan

Good things come to those who wait!

I got a call the other day, mine's still not done...I told him, no worries...just have to keep in mind, you can't promise all that Nosler does with these rifles then turn around and rush them out the door...it just doesn't work that way.

I myself don't care if it takes 2 years, as long as (1) they keep me in the loop, and (2) I get what I paid for.

It'll be worth the wait.

I'm betting that 26" barreled '06 is going to shine with 180s and a stiff charge of powder!

Nice... the wait gives you time to assemble components!

I'm estimating 2900 fps with a 180 grain Barnes TTSX. :)
I'd really like to try the 165 grain loads as I think that'll get close to 2900 fps and maybe a smidgen more.

Zeiss HD5 3 - 15 X 50

Just buying a point this year as I'm going moose hunting in Newfoundland. :)
I'll hunt coues of course. Already got a backcountry hunt planned.

Good for you Vince! Excellent. 300 win mag (factory) ballistics.

FOTIS":2oerz8za said:
Good for you Vince! Excellent. 300 win mag (factory) ballistics.
Yeah, but I'll get it out of a 30-06.
That's a winner in my book. [emoji4]

gerry":3czg9x83 said:
Congrats, it will be interesting to see what a 26" barreled 30-06 gets for speed.

My Ruger 1B in 30-6 with the 26" barrel gets me 2940 fps with 57.4 grs of IMR4350 in Winchester cases using 165 gr. Accubonds or Partitions. There are other powders that I'm sure will get me more speed, but this load is very accurate. A couple powders out there would probably push that into the 3000 fps range but I'm happy with it and never messed around with it.

I am curious though to see what a 180 would do out of it??? Maybe I should load some up. Dang you guys! :grin:

I'll take 2940. [emoji106]

That 30-06 with the 26" tube should be a good one. Talk about a pleasant rifle to shoot Vince.

I've been getting told by the local "experts" that a 26" tube is a waste in the 30-06.
What say you more enlightened members?
They haven't started to build mine yet so I still have time to change things. [emoji53]

Back