Great customer service (Mike)

mlaw48custom

Beginner
Jul 14, 2015
New member here, I wanted to take this time and give a big thank you to Mike with nosler customer service. (y)

About 3 weeks ago I was looking around on gunbroker and came across what appeared to be a Nosler M48 custom in 300 wsm (used). A quick phone call to nosler customer service confirmed my thoughts. I was not even off the phone when I picked up this gem for less then 1/3 rd of the new cost. Without Mike's help I would have passed up on this great chance to own a M48 in my favorite caliber 300 wsm.

The rifle is currently back at it's home in Bend Oregon for a "check up."

THANK YOU MIKE!!!! (y)

mlaw48custom":ifb17jch said:
New member here, I wanted to take this time and give a big thank you to Mike with nosler customer service. (y)

About 3 weeks ago I was looking around on gunbroker and came across what appeared to be a Nosler M48 custom in 300 wsm (used). A quick phone call to nosler customer service confirmed my thoughts. I was not even off the phone when I picked up this gem for less then 1/3 rd of the new cost. Without Mike's help I would have passed up on this great chance to own a M48 in my favorite caliber 300 wsm.

The rifle is currently back at it's home in Bend Oregon for a "check up."

THANK YOU MIKE!!!! (y)

Congrats on the new rifle!!! (y)

What are the specs...stock, barrel length, etc.?

3 pos safety, 300 wsm, 24 inch barrel, synthetic stock. Black on black. I have not been able to shoot it as of yet, awaiting the masters!! at nosler. Need to work up a load, that is the fun of a new gun though.

Welcome to the forum.
Sounds like you got a great deal. What glass are you going to use?
Post of pictures when you get her home.

JD338

Thank you for the welcome! That is the question. I have a zeiss conquest 4.5-14 z plex 800. Or a Burris signature series 3x-12 or a nikon monarch ucc 5.5-16. So those are my choices. Thinking zeiss. Let me know if you gentlemen have a different thought or if I need to upgrade! Looked at a z3 swaro the other day but was not impressed. Was a friends and we did some low light testing. I still think I must be crazy :?:

the rifle will spend its time hunting in the Rockies were shots can range from 20 yards to over 500. If it will shot the nosler Partition golds it will be loaded with 180 grains over imr4831. All my other 300 wsm seem to love this load.

Welcome to the forum :mrgreen: I am sure you going to enjoy it here. The people are very knowledgeable & great fun :wink:
Two quick questions first do you own a 35 Whelen, secondly are you left handed :mrgreen:?
Seriously though Nosler makes a top quality product & I am sure that once you have your load work done it will be shooting sub-moa.
What are you thinking in regard to which bullet & what weight?
Also range reports with photos are always enjoyable :wink:.
PS. Sorry for not reading your last post, you can't find much better than Nosler Partitions (y)!!

Blessings,
Dan

Hello,

Thank you for the welcome!

I am not a lefty sir and I do not own a 35 whelen :(.

I have no doubt she will be a shooter!

Yep going to start with my old reliable load of imr 4831 with 180 grain Partition golds. I have taken over 20 animals with this bullet and have never had a issue. Well that are becoming very difficult to find!

My browning/kimbers/Winchester are all under 1 Moa at 100 with these.

As far as my collection I am big into the .30 family.

Please do tell what this 35 whelen is all about?

I've been using a M48 Custom Sporter in .300WSM with a Zeiss Conquest on it as my nearly exclusive hunting rifle for something like 9 years now and taken a pile of game with it. Mine loves 180 Accubonds

Your other rifles are about to get darn lonely.

Throw an HD5 on it in my opinion they have much better glass than the Conquest. The Z3 in the 3-10X42 config is slick but would be better in a 3-15. Another option is the Leica 2-10 it's quickely becoming my favorite scope. Oh and you might as well give in and start looking for a Whelen now.

Thanks for the welcome,

As far as the HD5 goes what major difference do you see? Scopes I have that are mounted since the rest of the rifle will more then likely just sit during season : ).

nikon ucc 5.5-16.5
burris signature 3x-12x, 4x-16x,
burris vericity 3x-15x
steiner predator 4x-16x
zeiss conquest 4.5x-14x
sightron sII big sky 3x-12x
burris ffII 4.5x-14x.

As you can tell I enjoy more power then less!

What is it about the Leica you enjoy?

Well I better get looking for that 35 Whelen :shock:

I really like the way you think (y). The 35 Whelen is just a great all round cartridge it can thump with the mid-range magnums and does not use a great quantity of powder. There is the cool factor of shooting a older generation wild cat as well.
Also shooting the 35 Whelen brings you into the family!!!! :lol:
Being right handed is okay some of my closest friend shoot from that side!! LOL.

Blessings,
Dan

:lol:

Well it appears Nosler agrees and makes some 35 Whelen rifles, I will have to check out my reloading Manuel when I get home and see what this vintage wild cat can do!

It appears ammo/compents are available as well.

Any thoughts on the optic?

Thanks!!

I am quite confident that you will enjoy your new rifle. They are handsome. The Whelen is an interesting cartridge that punches far above its class.

Back