Patriot 28 nosler . I like it so far!!!

CDNhunter

Beginner
Dec 13, 2015
Hey guys, I am a newbie here but thought I would share what kind of performance I am getting with my 28. I played very little with loads and the 160 AB shot pretty good with 91gr of RL33 , fed215 . 3300 fps 1.0" groups at 100yards off the hood of the truck. So I tried 550yard off the hood and shot this 3.9" group . It was about a 50 kmh windy that day also. My gun has a 4-14 nightforce SHV scope . Seems like a great gun so far.

Attachments

• IMG_2540.JPG
    IMG_2540.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 4,337
Welcome aboard. Congratulations on acquiring the 28 Nosler! Looks as if the rifle is treating you well. That is certainly an encouraging group for the conditions under which you were shooting.

CDNhunter

Welcome to the forum, glad you are here with us.
Congratulations on the 28 Nosler. Looks like you have her humming.
What rifle are you shooting?

I think a 28 Nosler is in my future as well. :wink:

JD338

JD338":3j989cm7 said:
CDNhunter

Welcome to the forum, glad you are here with us.
Congratulations on the 28 Nosler. Looks like you have her humming.
What rifle are you shooting?

I think a 28 Nosler is in my future as well. :wink:

JD338
The rifle is a M48 patriot, I actually built a 28 last spring on a sako 85 but the only thing consistent with it was that is was inconsistent. It would not group consistently so it went down the road. I thought the Patriot M48 was a pretty good deal for what you get.

That's pretty darn impressive. How are you liking that scope so far? They get really good reviews! This forum is no good without photographs! I know you had the target but how about the rifle!!

David

6mm Remington":2xnstw6d said:
That's pretty darn impressive. How are you liking that scope so far? They get really good reviews! This forum is no good without photographs! I know you had the target but how about the rifle!!

David

Here this is my only pic and sorry its a bad one.

Attachments

• IMG_2506.JPG
    IMG_2506.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 4,306
6mm Remington":1jsohmi5 said:

David
I love this scope but not the best for low light with bush in the back ground, other then that its awesome . I sighted in 1.5" high at 100 then took my ballistic info and put it into Isnipe and dialed for 6.75moa and that target was the result.

Awesome performance. 3300 with a 160 AB is deadly.

That rifle looks great. Congrats on such a cool combo.

So I was out on Monday and shot again thru a buddies chrony with some good lighting finally. My speed with mine averaged 3300fps and thru his the first 3 avg 3350. So I shot 3 more and the avg was 3350 again with an ES of 6 fps. I did try some 168vld and they were great too if your into 8 inch groups at 200 yards . So far the short magazine and not being able to seat the high bc bullets out farther is the only thing I dislike on this gun . Oh well , the 160 AccuBond will do more than I need it to.

Looks and sounds like you have found the right package and the right load. I found RL-33 to produce very low ES, and from the sound of it so did you in the Nolser. Best Wishes in the New Year with it and Welcome to the forum.

Today I tried the28 at 760 yards and it still shoots out to 760. The first 3 shots I fired just caught the bottom edge of the plate and measured 3.5". So I gave the shv 1 click up and hit the steel just about 4" low of dead center. I should of gave it 2 clicks and it would of been perfect. Very happy customer here !!!!! This weekend my goal is to test the 150 ablr and the 145lrx.

Back