22 Nosler

When the 26 Nosler was announced there was a lot of wrong guesses of what it was supposed to be :lol: Ok Nosler the cat's out of the bag, how about filling us in on what a 22 Nosler is ;)

I saw someone suggesting it runs a 77 gr bullet at 3300 fps but who knows at this time if that information is accurate. Probably will be a relatively small round.

gerry":130h5jys said:
I saw someone suggesting it runs a 77 gr bullet at 3300 fps but who knows at this time if that information is accurate. Probably will be a relatively small round.

I'm betting .22 caliber~ LOL!

I'm betting they are going to capitalize on the 22-250 like speeds and standardize it with a 7 or 8 twist...

At least that is my hopes for the new cartridge. They'd answer a lot of mail if they did such a thing in my opinion.

I'm thinking it's going to be like a .22-6mm Remington with the case blown out and the shoulder set at 30 degrees. That's about as maximum as you can get without being too overbore, but hey bigger is better right?

6mm Remington":1t8u9rbm said:
I'm thinking it's going to be like a .22-6mm Remington with the case blown out and the shoulder set at 30 degrees. That's about as maximum as you can get without being too overbore, but hey bigger is better right?

That would be some kinda wicked David.

6mm Remington":sqzz8omf said:
The 6mm Rem is basically a necked down 7X57 if I remember right so it would be a 22X57?

FOTIS":334raczt said:
It better be fast twist!!!!!!!!!!!!
Been doing some reading about the 22 Cheetah which is based off the 308BR and tops out around 4500fps. The faster twist barrels won't stabilize the bullet (9-10) and burns barrels in 500rds. The 22-243 is what most are building with 1-12 to1-14 twist and is easier on bullets and barrels at around 4100fps max.
Burning barrels and twist that didn't stabilize bullets is what basically killed the 224 Bee I think.

truck driver":1l40gyf3 said:
6mm Remington":1l40gyf3 said:
The 6mm Rem is basically a necked down 7X57 if I remember right so it would be a 22X57?
I believe you are correct. The 8x57 spawned the 7x57 who spawned the 25x57 which spawned the 6x57.

6mm Remington":ps5kh83l said:
truck driver":ps5kh83l said:
6mm Remington":ps5kh83l said:
I believe you are correct. The 8x57 spawned the 7x57 who spawned the 25x57 which spawned the 6x57.
I believe you missed a couple, 9X57 and the 9.3X57 and I almost forgot the 6.5X57. :grin:

I built a 22-243AI, 8 twist. It shoots a 75gr A-Max (moly) bullet at 3,670 ft/sec with incredible accuracy. If the 22 Nosler can better this cartridge it would have my interest.

6mm Remington":1km9bpmv said:
truck driver":1km9bpmv said:
6mm Remington":1km9bpmv said:

A great deal of spawning going on! Are these fish? Or cartridges? :mrgreen:

You've got brass out of stock and dies out of stock but someone will need a reamer that may be out of stock too. By the time you get through wringing out the loads the barrel throat may be toast if it's based on the 6mm Rem. So you may want to have 2 barrels chambered so you can switch after load development.
Billy

I'd surely like something 22-250/220 Swift in performance with a 7 or 8 twist. You're right, it might be rougher on barrels than a 223 or 222 but it'll scoot those excellent 75-77 grain bullets out quick and would make for a flat coyote zapper.

I've been dreaming of a 22-250 Ackley 7 twist in a Model 70 for years. I'd cave on a Nosler if they did a similar rifle though.

Back