35 Whelen, "Outfitter"

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Wow... One of these rascals on sale at Nosler now.

https://www.nosler.com/m48-outfitter-rifle/

22" barrel with good sights... Cerakoted of course. I think I'd pop my 1.5-5x Leupold on there with QD rings.

What do you Whelen users think for ammo? The 225 gr Nosler Partition for pretty much everything?

Dang... Tempting! :) Weatherproof and good to go for the biggest game in North America. And it's a Whelen which I hear is supposed to be super-cool.... :grin:

Guy

Guy, either 225 or 250. You'd be surprised at the trajectory of that 250 out to 300 yards. Any you'd be more than cool, you'd be "way cool".

It's a good looking rifle and for the Whelen, 7.5 lbs seems a good weight.

I use a 225 grain pill in my Whelen. It is potent medicine for about anything I should encounter, Guy. That deal looks great.

Though mine is the Ackely version I don't think you could go wrong with a 225PT since that is what I used to kill a niece whitetail doe with last year and yes as the saying goes you can eat right up to the hole.
I carried mine for 2 days while scouting in MT this season with the 225gr PT and felt confident It would stop anything I encountered. I had it sighted 3" high at 100yds per Scotty's advise and was hitting the 400yd gong with the first shot off the bench so don't think they won't reach out because they will.
Go for it Guy and add it to your 25 and 30 Whelen collection. You owe it to yourself.

That's the rifle I had in my head when I bought my M70 donor rifle. Everything looks perfect, and you'd be set for anything.

Who's stock do they use on their rifles?

Guy If you checkout Grice gun shop in PA web page they have a Remington 700 CDL SF for under $900 that would fit right into your CDL collection.

Cool. Thanks. Ya a 35 Whelen has been on my mind for a while, but... I might succumb to the 9.3 version instead...

Or just keep on using the .30 cal, with the .375 as an option if I feel the need for a bigger bullet.

Still, this "outfitter" rifle from Nosler looks really good...

Guy

Guy Miner":2fcwltpb said:
Cool. Thanks. Ya a 35 Whelen has been on my mind for a while, but... I might succumb to the 9.3 version instead...

Or just keep on using the .30 cal, with the .375 as an option if I feel the need for a bigger bullet.

Still, this "outfitter" rifle from Nosler looks really good...

Guy
Go for it and treat yourself to an early Christmas present.

You know you want to Guy ;) The 9.3x62 would also be a top choice.

Back