Travel...

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
I love to roam. Especially the more wild places. 2017's big trip was the drive to and from Alaska, through British Columbia and the Yukon. AWESOME!

2016's big trip was a cruise through some remote areas and also camping in Yellowstone, on my way to the mule deer and antelope hunt in northeast Wyoming. Another terrific trip.

Spring of 2018 I've got a "southwest sweep" in the planning stages. Big parts of the desert southwest I've never seen. I want to see more Native American rock art, walk in a long-abandoned cliff dwelling. Perhaps take in the NRA Whittington Center? I've never seen the Grand Canyon! Time to rectify that.

2013's trip was incredible - a solo motorcycle tour of seven western states, camping mostly. 3,000 miles in 10 days with a lot of great stops along the way.

Two trips continue to lure me and have for years:

1. The south. I want to see, hear, feel, and experience that southland that I've barely had an introduction to. Lived in Virginia for a couple of very busy years as a Marine. Explored a little when I could. Have been to Florida a couple of times. Caught a fish there. Did some super-cool USMC/Joint Forces stuff from there. :) Picked up a prisoner in Georgia once and flew back to Washington with him. Didn't get much of a look at Georgia on that trip, Waffle House is my favorite memory of Georgia. I just don't know much of The South.

I'm thinking this might be a motorcycle tour. It's a long danged way from Washington State to Alabama. I'm thinking 2019? Best time of year to visit? I'd think either spring or fall.

2. The northeast. I saw a bit of this when I was stationed in D.C. and living in Maryland. Went to Pennsylvania, Delaware, a tiny bit of New York state. Just didn't see much of it. Too doggone busy with my career. But it's flippin' beautiful there... This is a trip my wife is real interested in. We'd probably save time, fly back there somewhere and rent a car for a week or two. See Maine, Vermont... Likely not until 2020. 2018 is pretty booked up already.

And ya, I'd love to go to Africa, with at least my camera, but preferably with my .375 as well. :)

Any big trips you would like to take?

Guy

Guy I'd like to get to see and spend some time in Alaska, the Northwest territories, and the Yukon. Maybe doing it while I'm hunting moose, grizzly bear, and wolf!

Guy being from MD I can tell you little has changed once you get out of Baltimore and DC influence.
I visited South Carolina a few years ago and stayed in the Charleston area and visited the plantations and took in the southern heritage and cruised into Georgia for a day trip.
The southern cuisine is fantastic especially from the small rural restaurants.

6mm Remington":1q4zztbv said:
Guy I'd like to get to see and spend some time in Alaska, the Northwest territories, and the Yukon. Maybe doing it while I'm hunting moose, grizzly bear, and wolf!

It looks a LOT like Montana... :grin:

Back