Colorado

geo

Beginner
Oct 28, 2009
I am working in Colorado for a couple of weeks. And I have been all smiles since I arrived. Not only is it beautiful here but the people are very nice too. I have traveled from Colorado Springs, Denver, Loveland and Cheyenne, Wy. The scenery has been spectacular. I have had the chance to drive around Estes Park area twice and saw countless elk a few mule deer and a coyote. But have not been able to spot any sheep. On my trip to Cheyenne I was able to spot a few pronghorn. I love it here!
At this time I have no work scheduled for Wednesday. Anybody that know the area have any suggestions for a road trip or a must see befor i head back home?

Specialty Sports if you are in Colorado Springs! http://specialtysportsandsupply.com/

Just bring a towel to wipe the drool off of your chin. I think my dad counted something like 125 O/U shotguns alone. Something like a dozen .338 L/.50 BMG rifles.

If you fly fish, there is a ton of Blue Ribbon water in the state. If you are into regular fishing, Elevenmile Res. has a pretty good reputation, but supposedly can get pretty busy.

Burris is up in Greeley.

I don't know if you can still tour the Air Force Academy or NORAD, but they are both pretty cool.

Thank I will make a note to visit Specialty sports on my next trip. I'm back in Pennsylvania now but I hope to be working in Colorado again later this summer or fall. I did visit Estes Park and took a short drive in Rocky Mountain National Park. It is truly beautiful country. I am envious of those who live there or who have had the opportunity to hunt the mountains.

Geo -
Wish I'd have caught your post sooner. Did you ever get to see any sheep? Several of the canyons towards Estas have a few. Your best bet would have been I-70 west towards Idaho Springs / Georgetown. If you're back this summer - before Labor Day, take a trip up on Mt Evans just west of Denver as well. You'll see sheep & goats.

Back