Fishing with the bears

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Home from Alaska. GREAT fishing for silver salmon. I'd tell you how good, but it is a fishing story, and you wouldn't believe me... Rain. Wind. Lots of wind. 50 knot. Good weather the first afternoon, after that, it was good for ducks I guess. One day, my pard and I were the only ones out on the river. Standing in thigh deep water, casting for silvers, waves smacking us mid-back and on the shoulders! Got some silvers though!

On the flight in:
IMG_6577.jpg

IMG_6579.jpg

IMG_6594.jpg

First afternoon, Dad with a smallish silver:
IMG_6606.jpg

Good size silver, about 14 pounds I'd guess:
IMG_6619.jpg

Nice scenery:
IMG_6658.jpg

With Dad:
IMG_6664.jpg

Never saw so many bears! Big Alaskan Brown Bears. Had six in view all at once one morning. Tough time getting good photos because of the weather. Wind & rain weren't good to the camera. Or the cameraman.

Bear skull found in the sand:
IMG_6672.jpg

Bear in the river!
IMG_6644.jpg

IMG_6652.jpg

Bear outside the cabin door, only a few yards away:
IMG_6676.jpg

Check out the cool collar on the beach bear!
IMG_6705.jpg

Looking at us!
IMG_6691.jpg

Superb photos, Guy. The rain makes it authentic! Glad you had the time with your dad to fish Alaska again.

AWESOME pictures Guy! What a trip buddy. Awesome to see so many bears in one place! Looks like it was a great trip!

Guy,

Great pictures! What an adventure.
Someday I will be there.

JD338

This was the post after the Sept 2012 fishing trip to the Tsiu.

Wonderful trip! Now I need to make sure I have time & money avail if Dad wants to go back in 2014 or 2015...

Wow looks like a great time and great pics. Makes me wish I was there. I'm happy you had time to be with your Dad and fish together.

Man, I hope that works out, Guy. Should you drive, you'll come right through Dawson Creek. The coffee's always on.

Great pictures and you are very fortunate to be able to fish with your Dad.

Back