A Slice of Heaven!

HomerOz

Handloader
Sep 13, 2012
G'Day Fella's,

Some of you good people might be used to seeing snow capped high altitude mountains, on a normal and regular basis.
Let me assure you, even though I live only a couple of hours from the highest place in Australia, it only happens here, once or twice a year, for a day or two!

New Zealand (NZ) on the other hand, is just a 3 1/2 hours flight time from my home!
If you have seen the Lord of the Rings movies, you would have seen some of what NZ has to offer.
Not only is it a spectacular country (scenery wise), it also has some fantastic big game hunting on offer!!!
I have spent a fair bit of time in NZ over the years, and here is some images of some of the country I was in, whilst hunting.

Enjoy, Homer

Attachments

• scan0006.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,044
One of my hunting partners moved to NZ (he had married a Kiwi and she wanted to return home). He does tell me tales of some excellent hunting. One day I must make the journey to see if the fishing and the hunting is as good as he says.

Very cool pictures! I know from all the folks I hear from, NZ and OZ have some awesome hunting.

Homer,

That is some beautiful country. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

JD338

Yup on my bucket list for feral goats. When I am working my 13 hour midnight shift like tonite and tomorrow night I research the hunts.

I'd like to see NZ someday... Hunting, fishing, or just rambling around.

Beautiful photos Homer, thanks.

Guy

G'Day Fella's,

Yes between the money to be made in Australia, and the Huntin and Fishin, both here and in NZ, the South Pacific is a great place to live!
Here are some more Huntin NZ of images.

Merry Christmas,
Homer

Attachments

• scan0004.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3,022
  • scan0005.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,022
G'Day Fella's,

Sorry FOTIS but remember the subject title, for this thread!

Doh!
Homer

Excellent videos, Fotis. They certainly create the desire to hunt New Zealand.

G'Day Fella's,

NZ really is A Slice of Hunting and Fishing Heaven!
With all my various injuries, I needed to utilis the services of a professional hunter.
A couple of mates had previously hunted with Peter Chamberlain, of Kiwi Wilderness Safaris, so he was my first choice!
I have Fair Chase hunted a few Tahr (pronounced Tar) and only one Chamois (Chammy) with Peter but they were all record book animals.
I'll find his web site and post it shortly.

Doh!
Homer

Thats it, thanks for that FOTIS!
Peter's also a great bloke to be away hunting with!

Doh!
Homer

My daughter lives with a Kiwi in Taiwan and will be moving there once her teaching contract is up next fall. Her BF and I have already discussed some of the hunts he is going to have to line up! :mrgreen: He isn't a hunter, but loves to fish and says he can make the connections I will need. Chamois and Tahr are at the top of the list along with Red Stag. Now if I can just convince my daughter that she needs to come along and enjoy the scenery...

I'm planning 2014 right now for the hunt. gives me a little more time to save for it and gives him time to get things lined up...wanna go? :lol:

G'Day Fella's,

Guy Miner, no Hobbits on the hunting menu, well not that I'm aware of!
But them Kiwi's are an enterprising lot, so stay tuned!!!

Doh!
Homer

But wait, there's more!

Doh!
Homer

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    580 KB · Views: 2,852
Back