Kansas or Missouri?

velvetant

Handloader
Apr 16, 2007
In Lenexa KS with family and new to the area.
Is there much of a difference between Living in Kansas or Missouri in gun laws, hunting, areas to camp and go 4x4?
I'll be working in the Kansas city area so it's either east Kansas or west Missouri.
Thanks

I haven't lived in KS for many years, but I do have family near Lenexa. Unfortunately, they are not hunters. I'll bet pre6422hornet could give you some insight.

DrMike":1lcryghl said:
I haven't lived in KS for many years, but I do have family near Lenexa. Unfortunately, they are not hunters. I'll bet pre6422hornet could give you some insight.

Without a doubt. Pat has a ton of info on hunting and such. Scotty

I am not too sure about the gun laws in Kansas. I have never looked into hunting Kansas, but I do know that Missouri's rifle season opens up usually before Kansas. Missouri has more Public land opportunities, especially close to Kansas City. If you are a bowhunter, there are numerous bow only areas as well. Tons of metropark/wildlife area draw only bowhunts. I have done very well on the public lands with both bow and rifle. My wifes uncle and cousins come down and bowhunt Kansas and they have taken bucks 2 years in a row, but I believe they are paying a fee to gain access to private land.

Camping we do also. We have only gone to Smithville lake ( Just north of KC), and it is really nice. This year we are going to expand our territory so to speak and head south to Truman Lake, Lake of the Ozarks, Stockton, etc... and check out as many parks as we can. We have only lived her for 18 months so we are learning as well.

4x4 I have no idea as I do not indulge in that area. I believe there are quite a bit of remote riding areas down in the Mark Twain SF.

Hope this helps and shoot me a PM anytime.

Another individual who may have some intel on MO is HTDUCK. I believe he hunts MO each year, or nearly every year.

Back