Utah ?

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Road trip to Utah for a few days next month. I'll be in SLC for a couple of nights on business. Have spent precious little time in Utah over the years.

Coming in from the northwest, likely on the motorcycle. Maybe the Jeep.

Don't really have time to travel farther south into Utah, but... Anything I really ought to see in the north or northwest chunks of Utah?

Thanks, Guy

Temple Square and the Morman Tabernacle, built in the 1850's in interesting. Also Park City is worth seeing. It is a ski resort now but still has a mining museum there and there is a active silver mine still operating in he upper reaches of town.

Also the Golden Spike Memorial is interesting. That is where the Northern Pacific and the Union Pacific railways met to complete the Transcontinental Railroad in 1867. There is a museum there.

G'Day Fella's,

Guy Miner, surely any trip to Utah would include some time at the Bonneville Salt Flats!
Especially if you can be there during Speed Week!!!

Also the Browning Firearms Factory and is there a John Moses Browning Museum???

Hope that helps

Doh!
Homer

HomerOz":28imuawf said:
G'Day Fella's,

Guy Miner, surely any trip to Utah would include some time at the Bonneville Salt Flats!
Especially if you can be there during Speed Week!!!

Also the Browning Firearms Factory and is there a John Moses Browning Museum???

Hope that helps

Doh!
Homer

All most excellent suggestions. :grin:

I lived in Utah but never made it to the Browning Museum despite it only being an hour's drive from my home for 18 years. Shame on me.

Next time you visit, make a visit to antelope island a stop on your tour- an island in the middle of a big lake filled with mule deer, bison, bighorn sheep and maybe even antelope. Kind of a preserve of outstanding genetics- only open to hunting by extremely limited draw but worth a visit anytime

I'm afraid I didn't have time to explore more of Utah on my bike trip.

It was into SLC from the north, spent a night, a half a day, then left, westbound across the salt flats on the highway.

Just wasn't time, given the schedule I'd set for myself, and that I wanted to get to Dad's place for an extra day. Did take time to poke around Nevada a bit, but again, it was on the fly. I'd much rather slow the pace, cover fewer miles, see and do more... But, it wasn't to be on this trip of nearly 3,000 miles in 6 days of riding. I think my last day on the road was something like 657 miles... Did ride some very cool roads, but didn't do much aside from ride.

Next time...

Guy

Back