A trip up the west coast

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
A few days ago I drove an inland route down to Oakland California to pick up my wife who had been there on business, and bring her back home. We wanted to drive the coast, as it is her favorite place, and we both needed a break. One day down, three days coming back home along the coast. It was a very good break for both of us. If you haven't visited the Oregon Coast, I highly recommend making it happen. We've always enjoyed.

14,162' Mount Shasta in Northern California. It rises about 10,000' from the surrounding area and is a dormant volcano. In my younger days, I climbed it a couple of times using ice axe & crampons and rope. On a good day, it's just a "walk up" but the weather can make it more of a problem. Love that mountain and the good times I enjoyed climbing it with good friends all those years ago:

Even Oakland had it's charm. I hadn't been in Oakland in over 20 years and thoroughly enjoyed the stay:

Yes, there are elk in California.

To the coast!

It was a good trip. Gave us some much needed time together.

Regards, Guy

Beautiful country side Guy. The pictures are great, as usual.

JD338

Thanks Guy, I have gotten to see a lot of the western part of our country threw the pictures you and others take and share here on the forum.

Northern CA and the OR coast are lovely. Guy, your photography is, as usual, excellent; it displays the beauty of the countryside, capturing the soul of the area. Thanks for posting.

Guy, thank you so much for those photographs they are absolutely stunning. It sure looks like a beautiful trip!!

Blessings,
Dan

Back