Rubicon Trail, nibbling at the edge...

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
My oldest son and I made a rushed trip to California, but were able to spend a little time exploring part of the famous Rubicon Trail. I've backpacked through that area before but had never tried to drive the trail. It's... rocky! We just poked around Wentworth Springs and Loon Lake. Someday we want to return, with both our Jeeps, and a few days to spend on the trail. I'd bring the fly rod too. Absolutely!

It's really a pretty amazing place. Once a route used by Native Americans, it became a wagon route, and later motorized vehicles were crossing it early in the 20th century. Today it's an un-maintained county road, used often by four-wheel drive enthusiasts. Our visit was far too brief, but we'll be back... :grin:

Regards, Guy

That really looks interesting, Guy. Old trails like that are a window on history. I enjoy exploring such old, abandoned trails.

That would be a great trip, exploring that area would be a real challenge but a lot of fun!!!
Thank you for the photos!!

Blessings,
Dan

If I ever get my Jeep fixed/built the way I want it, I will definitely be making that trip!

Yeah, mine isn't really up for it yet... Could likely make it, but probably with a lot of banging the skid plates and likely some body damage.

Even with the mods I've got planned, mine is going to be pretty "short" for that kind of rocky trail.

Guy

Back