Two and a half days of walking

God is good.
It's places like that that tell me he is alive.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I seem to have given the bears a break this year. Can't get excited about it. Spent a couple of days glassing and walking the ridges with the .375 in hand, but no will in my heart to kill a bear...

Good days afield, but I can't claim I was actually hunting.

My "hunting" intent this year is all wrapped up on muley antlers & upland birds...

Guy

Guy Miner":lm5pnrgh said:
I seem to have given the bears a break this year. Can't get excited about it. Spent a couple of days glassing and walking the ridges with the .375 in hand, but no will in my heart to kill a bear...

Good days afield, but I can't claim I was actually hunting.

My "hunting" intent this year is all wrapped up on muley antlers & upland birds...

Guy
Sometimes the bears need a break too, mate.
I fear not for you will hunt what is right for you to hunt. I look forward to reading about your muley hunt and some pictures of the delectable upland birds with a good wine.

Vince

Guy, From the looks of that picture I know exactly what your doing because I've done it many times before also. Finding peace of mind in the serenity of Gods on Tabernacle.

truck driver":3cb62a3z said:
Guy, From the looks of that picture I know exactly what your doing because I've done it many times before also. Finding peace of mind in the serenity of Gods on Tabernacle.

There ya go. Said it better than I could.

The fishing was pretty good too.... :grin:

Guy I have only felt closer to our maker in one other place than the out of doors and have spent a lot of time praying in his own Tabernacle.

Guy Miner":2w2hxjrq said:
truck driver":2w2hxjrq said:

There ya go. Said it better than I could.

The fishing was pretty good too.... :grin:

+1 The pic is almost surreal. Nice. CL

Vince":1b7pvrtb said:
God is good.
It's places like that that tell me he is alive.

AMEN BROTHER!

Those mountains are calling for a hunter, while those lakes are calling for a fly fisher! I could stand to be out there for a couple of days.

Good fly fishing for trout.

Hunting... Would be difficult if the hunter wants to carry game out, on his back or on horseback, for a couple of days. There are no roads, only single-track foot/horse paths. I like it that way.

A handful of guys do get in there, in the "high buck" September season. Some big mule deer are there, along with mountain goats, bighorn sheep and black bear. The elk seem to be found mostly somewhat lower down, along the river valleys.

But the fly fishing... yes, the fly fishing is very good for a few months every year. The rest of the year this country is shrouded in snow and ice.

Guy

Back