South Carolina

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
Went to Bass Pro to return a Air Tech recoil pad that was miss labeled and didn't fit my M70 stock and had the wife with me( :?: ). As I walked threw the turn stile a Lady was handing out fliers and the wife took one and I was also handed one and I continued to walk away when the wife said I had to fill out the form so I walked over to fill out the form it seems some company connected to Bass Pro was selling trips to various destinations and the wife and I had been talking how our next vacation would be to go and tour Charleston SC and they just happened to have a 4 night 5 day package for a whooping $199 Now I couldn't get a hotel room for much less than that per night let alone 4 nights and the wife said lets do it after a sales pitch from the Lady so needless to say I have 360 days to select when I want to go so does anyone here live in the Charleston area and what is the best time to go when we can avoid the crowds and still see the gardens and historical sights also the best places to eat?

I'm in Savanna GA at the moment and will be heading to Charelston in a few days. Food, drink, culture and people are great, This is a wonderful place to visit if you live in the hectic, face-paced NE where we are from.
However, the heat is OPPRESSIVE. Predicted heat over the next several days is 100+. You really can't enjoy being outdoors and find yourself moving from one air conditioned place to another. Unless you are accustomed to this much heat then I'd suggest looking into a spring or fall visit.

And you are correct - decent hotels will run you upwards of $200/day depending on what you are looking for.

Charlie, When I hauled cotton seed out of NC and SC in the summer it was always hot unless you were on the coast and the breeze off the Atlantic was refreshing. Living in the Mountains of Ny is quite different than living in the south. I was looking more to the fall or spring to take my vacation my wife arranged for me. :roll: :grin:

Back