WABDR II, Jeep trip

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Just finished my second WABDR this summer! Met up with a good group of folks, from the Northwest, and from Oklahoma, to do this run. We had one heavy duty GMC pickup and a small pack of Jeep JK's. Also four dogs and some really nice folks. The route was dry and Very Dusty. Bring spare air filters! Also, be on the watch for fire conditions & fire crews... Some photos:

My co-pilot:

Tad's terrific GMC, set up for overlanding and general truck type use:

Sadly, NOT under the hood of my Jeep:

Very dusty conditions:

On Bethel Ridge:

Looking back at Mt Adams:

Through a thick spot, near Lake Chelan:

Good trip with good people. My Jeep now deserves a really good cleaning as well as some maintenance. I've sure spent a lot of time sleeping in a tent the past three weeks!

Guy

Very dusty, indeed. Looks to have been a good time, however. That dog of yours does look content. (y)

Guy,
Hope you got to wet a line on the second go around! Your dog looks like he might find a Chukar or two for you. Wirehair or Griffon?
Thanks for sharing your trip!
Scott

Scott - he's a German Wirehair, but you're right, about the same kind of dog as a Griffon, and yes, he loves finding birds...

No - no fishing on this trip either. This was a good group of folks, but instead of covering all these backroads day after day and making miles vanish in the rearview mirror, I'd rather set up camp somewhere for a few days and fish a lake or river... Have plans of doing just that soon!

Guy

Back