Hog hunt suggestions?

elkeater2

Handloader
Jan 5, 2009
Looking for a place and time for my son and myself to go over winter and shoot hogs.
Our joint plans for Colorado and Wyo elk and antelope all got disrupted this year, even though we have the tags. :(
There are a couple things that make this more challenging - he is a wheelchair guy and we are limited by that - although he has his 'outdoor' chair.
We would prefer something that kept travel time minimal, yet we'd prefer to drive. So something like a day and a half driving time from southern Wyo would be good. We will look at flying out of Denver, but cost is a factor for us, too.

We would do almost any weapon from longbows to long range with his Weatherby. Like to have some fun and end up with some pork to bring home!

Any suggestions?
Thanks, EE2 (Tom)

Well, driving isn't in this recommendation, but, I would suggest Hunter's Creek Ranch in Mt Vernon, TX. Good people, rustic but comfortable accommodations and people who are just great and will do anything necessary for your hunt.

Thanks, Rodell! We'll check it out....we know that driving means each driving day will be a full day. If we tag team it like many hunters do that will extend our range.
EE2

Hi neighbor! Bummer your hunts were messed up! I even watching the map of Ferrell pigs in the us and they seem to not like the higher elevations. There are some spots in Nebraska on the map, but I have no idea of they are actually there or possible. I'd love to hunt some bacon!

Thanks Wyo7200, appreciate it. We need to PM and meet up sometime soon. I need to do the same with Fotis, we've been on here talking about it for too long. The closest wintertime pig hunts I've found are not far from Okalahoma City, like near Pawnee and Norman. I figure about 11 hours driving from Laramie or Cheyenne.
We are open to any kind of weaponry almost. Also not seeking ritzy accommodations either, but need to get through doors and into a bathroom with the wheelchair somehow.
EE2
btw - it looks like he got freed up to get out 4 days with his elk tag - we'll report.
EE2

I've got a contract near Fredricksburg, Texas if you're interested in hogs.
PM me and I'll put you in contact.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Spent all day in the garage making sawdust. Thanks for your info EE2- I'll give you mine shortly.

I wish summer would come as fast as our winters do!

Back