Poking around in Montana & Wyoming

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Before the Wyoming hunt, I spent several days poking around the mountains of western Montana. Very nice experience. Camped twice, spent one night in a motel and another night with friends, in their home. I have often prowled western Montana, had family there for decades, and it's in easy striking distance of our home here in central Washington. One easy day of driving puts us well into Montana. Some places I visited this time were old favorites, others were new to me. Here's some photos:

Garnet ghost town:
XFQxiHKl.jpg

Muley buck, near Garnet:
ryoOJAcl.jpg

Campsite, far lower & warmer than Garnet:
xNeNyufl.jpg

HM4DTzfl.jpg

Philipsburg, a favorite stop:
E3XAmu3l.jpg

Storm Lake, near Philipsburg & Anaconda:
7PbmzEel.jpg

DYpSlxul.jpg

Blackfoot River:
St93HwUl.jpg

Near Rock Creek:
vieg6Gcl.jpg

Then I wandered into the Elkhorn Mountains... Oh my... Had never been there before. I will return! What a place...

On my way towards an abandoned mine. Road is fit for mountain goats and jeeps. If you don't like your jeep!
OkOBGsTl.jpg

Some of the deserted buildings in Elkhorn, an old mining town:
XNADmR1l.jpg

aG5Sdkel.jpg

Ya, I do like western Montana. Didn't pause to fish at all this time. Next summer though... I'll be back there with more time to spend on the rivers & creeks... Maybe even a little kayak or rowboat for Storm Lake.

Guy

If you need someone riding shotgun, I start looking for flights ;-)
Love your open country...
NP

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Looks to have been Fun and I enjoy hunting Montana and actually have not been back to Wyoming since I discovered it. But I do half to get back to Wyoming it’s been 20 years since I last hunted there.

cloverleaf":3mx2o0pl said:
Dang I do miss the West. Thanks for the photos....again. :) CL

You're welcome. Even as a kid I wanted to wander the west. Have been doing so for quite a while now. Hope to keep it up for quite a while longer.

Guy

Back