Board style

ACLakey

Beginner
Aug 11, 2008
I have been having difficulty with the "wood" style of the board. The colors go from the wood grain background to a white and I loose the text and links. No big deal, I switched to the Silver2 which is much cleaner and easier on the eyes. Just letting you all know what I was observing.

Yup, I had the same issues and set mine up the same way.

JD338

my only issue with this style is the moderator names are in white and can't be seen on the white background. No big deal, you all are incognito. :)

ACLakey":1ys5glab said:
my only issue with this style is the moderator names are in white and can't be seen on the white background. No big deal, you all are incognito. :)

YUP! they need to change the color on those

I have been having difficulty with the "wood" style of the board. The colors go from the wood grain background to a white and I loose the text and links. No big deal, I switched to the Silver2 which is much cleaner and easier on the eyes. Just letting you all know what I was observing.

I forgot how do we change background overall colors?

I had become used to the wood grain. However, someone made the decision for me to change the board style. I can't say that I like the new style. Moreover, this particular interface is not especially user friendly. Therefore, I still have not found how to change colour and/or style.

I can live with it. However, I do enjoy darker colours. One good thing about the new board style is that it gives me a reason to complain. That may be a first for me here. :shock:

DrMike":3pnre3d1 said:
I can live with it. However, I do enjoy darker colours. One good thing about the new board style is that it gives me a reason to complain. That may be a first for me here. :shock:

I think it is a first for you, but we do appreciate the input. :grin: The plan was always to match the new website as soon as it went live and it went live yesterday. This is your forum (referring to everyone, not just Dr. Mike :grin: ) if you guys don't like something or you want something changed let us know and we will do our best.

JusMo!

Like the format, I dont like the colors and I dont see where I can change them, yet.

Any other choices forthcoming?

Rod

Rod,

Give it a shot now. You should be able to change between styles. Just remember that future updates may not support anything but the main style which is what it is set to now, but you have options.

I don't like the white back ground it really puts a strain on the eyes after a shot time.

JUstin,

Back to the more muted background. Thanks. I do like the softwood (probably because there is so much in this area). Again, I appreciate all that you fellows put into this forum.

I can see the Moderator names again.

For those that asked how to change,

1) click on User Control Panel
2) on the left hand side of the control panel window click on Board Preferences.
3) about half way down in the middle of the screen click on my board style and choose your style.
4) click submit.

Amen, I am back to softwood and I love it, thanks for allowing us to have these options. Great stuff :):)

Justin,

I just moseyed over to the Nosler Up Front site (www.nosler.com) I must say that I'm impressed with the GUI and the wealth of information. Great job on the upgrade.

Back