E-mail updates

6mm Remington

Ammo Smith
Feb 27, 2006
I was getting e-mail updates when posts I had made comments on were updated after my posting. At first it slowed and I would get them periodically, but now it is not working at all. The only way I know if someone has added to a particular forum site that I also have been replying to is to check it each time.

We had monitor issues with our computer today and got a new monitor and while our friend was here, I had him check and he could not see any issues as to settings I have in place on your site or on my computer to block e-mail notifications. I also contacted Bresnan (Optimum now) and they said that everything looks okay and thought was an issue somehow with the Nosler site.

I hope you can help me out on this and thanks for your time.

David,

Check the global settings on the User Control Panel. Ensure that these permit private messages and notifications.

Also check that Edit Posting Defaults permit notification.

This is a test. Is is working now David?

JD338

JD338":3o6bp8sw said:
This is a test. Is is working now David?

JD338
Jim, no it is not! I had a computer wiz here at the house too. Not sure why it's not working. I might have a guy from work come up and look at it. It's pretty frustrating. It worked before and now it's not and I never changed a thing. Forget who the other member was, but his was doing the same thing. It got to where it gave me e-mail updates once in a while, and then it just completely stopped.

I am having this issue now- Last notification I received was Sep 18th. Anyone else having issues? My settings are all good as they were when I was getting notices.

(I didnt feel like creating a duplicate thread for this topic)

No notices for me. I assumed there could be a problem with Windows 10.

It is working for me. Thanks for looking into this and correcting it.

I must be holding my mouth wrong cause mine still isn't working. Just got a PM from Fotis and no e-mail notice.

truck driver":329k0bri said:
I must be holding my mouth wrong cause mine still isn't working. Just got a PM from Fotis and no e-mail notice.

Sorry to hear that ... It appears to be working on all other sides, could you check your junk mail for me just to make sure it did not go to the wrong place.

Best Regards!

Back