How do properly use the quote function?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYDAN

Handloader
Sep 17, 2013
I am sorry but I just can't seem to figure out how to properly use the quote function so that it shows who I am quoting and only the part of that person's post that I want to quote. I am sure that it is simple, but I an just not seeing it.

Would someone please walk me through the correct procedure? Thank you.

NYDAN":1nl3qitk said:
I am sorry but I just can't seem to figure out how to properly use the quote function so that it shows who I am quoting and only the part of that person's post that I want to quote. I am sure that it is simple, but I an just not seeing it.

Okay, so above is the whole quote of your post. I clicked the quote button to get that. I'm going to remove the beginning and ending brackets (the [ and ]) which will then make all the code also visible:

quote="NYDAN"]I am sorry but I just can't seem to figure out how to properly use the quote function so that it shows who I am quoting and only the part of that person's post that I want to quote. I am sure that it is simple, but I an just not seeing it.

Would someone please walk me through the correct procedure? Thank you.[/quote

Now, I can change anything above, as much as I like, as long as I leave the info in brackets at the beginning and end intact. Like the following examples, with and without the beginning/ending brackets (the [ and ]) for reference:

quote="NYDAN"]I am sorry but I just can't seem to figure out how to properly use the quote function.[/quote

I am sorry but I just can't seem to figure out how to properly use the quote function.

quote="NYDAN"]I am sure that it is simple, but I an just not seeing it.[/quote

I am sure that it is simple, but I an just not seeing it.

quote="NYDAN"]Would someone please walk me through the correct procedure? Thank you.[/quote

So long as you leave the leading "[" and trailing "]" intact, you're fine.

dubyam":2ijynfp3 said:
So long as you leave the leading "[" and trailing "]" intact, you're fine.

I think I got it! Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back