WTB - Hornady modified case 300 Win Mag

Jimbeaux82

Handloader
Jan 6, 2011
I would like to buy a Hornady modified case for 300 Win Mag. This threads onto a Hornady OAL tool. I have tried to find this online but it is out of stock everywhere

Thanks

Jimbeaux

I bought the needed drill bit , and tap from amazon . these are not hard to make . I don't have a drill press , I used a hand drill , and taped the hole by hand with the "T" handle . I did use cutting oil . I held my brass case with the resizing die . a body die would be best , it won't size the neck down . you can use a junk case with a split neck for making this tool , it doesn't need to be a new piece of brass .

jimbires":2yvbkgzz said:
I bought the needed drill bit , and tap from amazon . these are not hard to make . I don't have a drill press , I used a hand drill , and taped the hole by hand with the "T" handle . I did use cutting oil . I held my brass case with the resizing die . a body die would be best , it won't size the neck down . you can use a junk case with a split neck for making this tool , it doesn't need to be a new piece of brass .

This is what I did for several cases for which no modified case was available. I'm still using many of these. I simply used a fired case since the neck was already expanded.

one big plus of making your own is that you can use a case fireformed to the rifle. The Hornady cases are like any factory brass, not optimized for your rifle. Plus I can now have them for my two Ackley Improved. If you are going to use range brass to make them, just buy the Hornady.

Back