WTB: 35 Whelen brass/dies/bullets

tddeangelo

Handloader
May 18, 2011
Yep, I need to tool up to load for a Whelen.

If you have anything you can part with, give me a holler. :)

Yeah, been watching that. You'd think I'd have bought some during the July 4 free shipping, wouldn't you? lol

Scored dies and Hornady brass off Midway for good prices. Might have some bullets lined up here as well with a forum regular who's a 35 Whelen crank....I'll let everyone guess that person's identity, but I happen to have a bag of 277 ABLR's that I don't need, so a trade may occur. :)

Scotty always was a sucker for a sleek bullet for his 270WSM. :mrgreen:

Tom, what do you want for the .270's? I would like to try them in my .270 Model 70 Win.

Hi Charlie,

If Scotty decides he doesn't want them, I'll let you know. I grabbed the ABLR's off SPS when they went up for sale. I don't own anything with a 277 bore, but I know enough people who do, and I knew they weren't able to be at their computers when the ABLR's were available, so I bought a bag. If Scotty doesn't want them, I'll contact you. I wouldn't want to do anything but recoup my costs on them, as I didn't buy them with an intent to make a profit, just help out someone who couldn't get to their computer before the feeding frenzy gobbled them all up, lol.

I'll keep ya posted.

That is a great price on Whelen Brass, I did not think that Nosler was making 35 Whelen but that is great :)

Blessings,
Dan

Thanks!

It appears my timing was good...Midway listed one remaining set of RCBS dies at $30 (clearance priced), so I bought them. That put them out of stock till today, when they seem to have restocked, and dropped the clearance pricing, putting it back to about $35. Interesting, lol.

I also got Hornady brass from Midway, to the tune of $35/50ct. Sorry, Nosler/SPS, but that was too good a price to walk away from on new brass, and Hornady brass is nothing to be afraid of.

What I need to find now are bullets and powder. I have 4064, so I can use that if needed, but would really like to find RL15. Not looking promising at the moment, though.

Back