Needed Dies

sask boy

Ammo Smith
Nov 4, 2007
Just wondering if anyone has or knows where these could be found. My cousin picked up 16 rifle from his wife's grandfather :wink:. He needs set of dies for 9.3X57 Mauser.
Sure could use some help finding a set of FLs.
Look forward to hearing from someone :mrgreen:

Blessings,
Dan

No help with dies, but man, talk about cool! I dig that. Gotta get a picture of that for us Dan!

I would contact both RCBS and Redding to ask about custom dies. Each has made custom dies for me at various times. They are pricey, but well worth it when you need them. Yeah, the 9.3X57 is a fascinating cartridge.

Hi Mike I sent you a email with some photos of the other one he had at the store but could not find anything on the rifle to identify. I think there is a glimpse of it with the other rifle. The 9.3X57 is a Hasquvarna if I am not mistaken.
I will see if in the photos I took there is a better one of the 9.3X57.

Blessings,
Dan

Here are a few pictures Dan sent along of the 9.3X57. He states that he believes it is built on a Husqvarna action.

I would imagine Dan will be along shortly to give us more complete intel on this rifle.

Hey Guys the one laying on its side is the Hasquavarna the one that is actually being shown is a mystery rifle if anyone can give any ideas on who is the manufacturer & what calibres it came in.
If any group can figure it out it is the Nosler people :mrgreen:!
It has 560 stamped on it. There is some thought that some German there are German war markings on it. Maybe you can tell by photos?
Sure hope we can figure it out!!!
Blessings,
Dan

Maybe we can switch this over to rifles or something where more will see it:)!!

Blessings,
Dan

Looks like a krag to me. Krag Jorgensen rifle or carbine

There are us krags 30-40 krag, Danish krags 8x58r, and Norwegian krags 6.5x55.

Smooth running bolt actions, not terribly strong but very neat and I would love to have one

This is a better picture of the 9.3X57 that Dan forwarded. This is after it was scoped with a Leupold.

The young man also received a 280 Ross, which looks to be in pretty good shape.

TB78 and TD are undoubtedly correct in identifying the other rifle as a Krag. It is quite likely a 30-40 Krag, since a number of them managed to find their way across the border into Canada during the early part of the last century.

Just wondering is there any way to tell what calibre other than casting?

Blessings,
Dan

Thank you guys for all your help. I had chat with this cousin a few times on FB & seen a few photos of him. Saw him in the gun shop today & recognized him so I introduced myself.
He is a young guy that has a absolute passion for the older calibres.
I am going to enjoy learning from him!

Blessings,
Dan

Back