Wanted Rem 7600 in 35 Whelen

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
PM ME or point me to the right direction please.

That rifle and chambering would make for a fine elk hammer in the black timber.

JD338

What glass are you thinking?
A VX-3 1.73-6x32mm would be ideal.

JD338

yeah both these are sold..........Different format you see.

Jim getting one for a decent price will be a bee-atch for sure. If I get lucky then a 2x7

Man, we are running on the same track Fotis. For our hunting up here in Northern NY I'd really like a 35 Whelen 7600 myself. Set up with a 1.5x5 or the 1.75x6 and any decent Nosler bullet would be a slick handling rifle for doing deer drives over the big woods and allow for quick follow ups. I guess if I find the right donor I'll send a 270 or 30-06 off to JES and let him make me one. Plus I'll get a 12 twist. Even a 358 off a 308 would be great as well.

Good luck finding one. I half heartedly looked a few months back but the Whelen commands a premium. I'd actually like to break it all down and Cerrakote the outside and MicroSlick the insides as well, just to make it as tough as possible.

I had 2 and sold them. Hell I SHOULD CHANGE MY HANDLE TO FULL CIRCLE

FOTIS":389zvdgx said:
I had 2 and sold them. Hell I SHOULD CHANGE MY HANDLE TO FULL CIRCLE

That would be fitting!

I know you've had a few. I hope you find one. Mines a distant project but I'd imagine you'll find one or something that'll work with some patience.

I found lots of 7600's including a 257 Roberts but no 35 Whelen. I'm sure they are out there but don't know where. The only .35 I found was a 35 Remington in the 7600.

guys this might be worth a try . give my local gun shop a call . the remington pumps are very very popular in my area . there are always 30.06 remington pumps on the used rack . some would be the older 760 others would be the newer 7600 . you might even get lucky and find a 35 Whelen . if you do call ask if he would consider a limited run of these . he does this sort of thing all the time . they are in his sale flier listed as " Grice exclusive " or " Grice special run " Tom Grice is the owner . Rick ( I don't know his last name ) is the manager . this store nicked named these pump guns" the Pennsylvania pump "

Grice gun shop
Clearfield Pa
814-765-9237

jimbires":1fhhsjib said:
guys this might be worth a try . give my local gun shop a call . the remington pumps are very very popular in my area . there are always 30.06 remington pumps on the used rack . some would be the older 760 others would be the newer 7600 . you might even get lucky and find a 35 Whelen . if you do call ask if he would consider a limited run of these . he does this sort of thing all the time . they are in his sale flier listed as " Grice exclusive " or " Grice special run " Tom Grice is the owner . Rick ( I don't know his last name ) is the manager . this store nicked named these pump guns" the Pennsylvania pump "

Grice gun shop
Clearfield Pa
814-765-9237
Also known as the Amish Machine Gun. :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:

truck driver":3mdnjfsj said:
jimbires":3mdnjfsj said:

Grice gun shop
Clearfield Pa
814-765-9237

Now that's funny. :)

JD338

JD338":1gaswvpv said:
truck driver":1gaswvpv said:
jimbires":1gaswvpv said:

Grice gun shop
Clearfield Pa
814-765-9237

Now that's funny. :)

JD338

these have sounded like full auto at times . ha

There was a show on TV called the Amish Mafia and during the introduction one of them that was Mennonite is shown holding a Remington pump rifle. I can't remember his name but the show was pulled after the leader got in trouble with the Elders and refused to be filmed.

Back