Notice: This site is not mobile friendly, we recommend you download tapatalk for a mobile friendly experience of our forum.

It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:25 am

Shop Nosler

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gun forums owned by anti-firearm companies
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:10 pm 

A few years ago, a forum I was (and still am) a member of was sold to a Canadian company who is reportedly anti-firearm. There was some growing pains I remember as they filtered and ***** words they found offensive- like “gun” and “firearm”. I stopped posting there and until recently stopped logging in because it was getting old reading the same discourse over and over.

So not much has changed except there seems to be more lenient rules of what is ***** and what it allowed. I remember the members too, good to see them still voting with their wallets and informing us of companies that are anti-firearm, anti-2nd, or anti-NRA. I got curious if the ownership of the forum changed so I did a little search and a recent article popped up talking about the American gun culture within the firearm related forums that are owned by the anti-firearm company. Oh dear...

First, that’s just ironic on so many levels! It’s just business on one hand chasing that dollar, and in the other you have these folks who will never do business with a company that is anti-gun, utilizing the services of just that.

Secondly, its interesting how the forums are being datamined by researchers and I’m sure other interest groups are getting their fill.

“... its like being a fly on the wall”

Third, the list of forums owned by the company is at the bottom. Thumbs up Nosler for not being one of them!

Enjoy!

http://www.canadalandshow.com/torstar-o ... un-forums/

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Gun forums owned by anti-firearm companies
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:26 pm 

I'm on two of the forums on the list. I've sent them a heads up.
Paul B.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:50 am 

Wow. It's a bunch!

Online Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:23 am 

I joined the Ruger forum thinking it was owned by Ruger but soon found out it wasn't.
I was looking for info on the M77 Hawkeye and found it was more of a hand gun forum and not much info about what I was looking for and don't visit there anymore.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:40 am 

Wyo7200 wrote:
A few years ago, a forum I was (and still am) a member of was sold to a Canadian company who is reportedly anti-firearm. There was some growing pains I remember as they filtered and ***** words they found offensive- like “gun” and “firearm”. I stopped posting there and until recently stopped logging in because it was getting old reading the same discourse over and over.

http://www.canadalandshow.com/torstar-o ... un-forums/

You dooon't saaay!

It makes me wonder if we frequent similar Fora! :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:48 am 

Hehehehehe... maybe I do login whenever a friend sends me snapshots of fellow members posts that are funny in more ways than one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  Moderators: JD338, NOSLER, FOTIS, NoslerV, Nosler4