I like this picture of our Prime Minister

You show 'em, Prime Minister! Very neat picture and an interesting story, especially about his investment in the Rangers. Fascinating that they still use the .303. Wonder what will be coming next.

Looks like Colt Canada has the contract for 6500 rifles. They say they want a bolt action to make sure they work in the extreme environment of the north. I bet they will be using the 308 Win since the biggest threat will likely be a grizzly or polar bear and a 223 isn't exactly ideal for them :)

We have a group of Rangers here and I have thought about joining them, maybe when I am not working crazy hours in construction it could happen.

The PM is showing good form here down in the prone position.....

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... e20317691/

That's pretty cool. One line I like out of there is...

Harper said while it is a “very small program at the federal level,” it’s important because it’s a part of Canadian heritage — “history that makes Canada.”

It's important to keep our heritage, whether we're Canadian, American, whoever. Once you lose your hertiage and your roots, you have nothing to go on. Good on you, Harper.

That is a good thought, we are different and need to keep our heritage.

Doing a little more digging on exactly what the gun will be but there isn't much out there right now. It does appear that most likely it will be a 308 Win with a 10 shot detachable magazine after that who knows. We will find out by next summer I guess......

Interesting. One thing came to mind.

I wonder if this will affect the supply of 303 British Ammo that is usually readily available at retailers. I know locally there is a group that shoots the 303 for matches etc, sometimes hunting. Most of those guys I believe cast their own bullets though.

We use it for hunting, well mostly my wife because of the mild recoil, but I don't anticipate casting my bullets at all.

Makes you wonder if the reason for the available supply has anything to do with the Rangers?

There are so many Lee Enfield's out there that I don't think it will make any difference for a very long time. It is part of our nation's culture and that isn't going to change anytime soon. I wonder how many households have a Lee Enfield hiding somewhere in the house? Many people I know have them including my wife and I.

BTW Nosler where is our 174-180 gr Ballistic Tip? Would be a really good hunting bullet. Maybe a 215 gr Bonded Solid Base to penetrate all the way through a moose lengthwise :)

I haven't much fear of .303 ammunition and/or components becoming scarce immediately (at least during my years). A bolt action .308 makes a lot of sense.

Just saw this at 24hourcampfire, it appears that they will be getting a Sako/Tikka rifle in 308 but the most interesting thing they mention in this article is that they will be made in Canada. Looks like they are a "progressive" company (can't just let the left wing pervs use that word) don't see any other companies willing to allow their guns to be made in another country.

http://www.netnewsledger.com/2015/06/23 ... new-rifle/

Most interesting. If it looks as the picture depicts, it will be a handsome firearm. I could go for that. (y)

If that was our president on the firing line he would be holding a candy cane. I remember the picture of him shooting the shotgun will all the smoke coming out front. That was my laugh for the day.

Back