NRA response?

Kodiak

Handloader
Oct 4, 2006
Was there an NRA response to the recent CA shootings?. I heard there was, but can't find anything about it.

Yes. Chris Cox wrote an op-ed for some paper. On my phone now, but I'm sure a Google search would turn it up.

Eh?

43c0f5e42c492401be9b0907781a06b3.jpg

Did you notice that since the FBI came out and said this was a terror investigation our boy Barack has not issued a peep.

Yes, the NRA has been pretty good on this - and I think - wisely - treading a little lightly - letting the administration continue to look like the jerks they are...

I mean dang - Obama started his political attack on the NRA while the operation to find the shooters was still ongoing... He's the one who politicizes these things - him and his administration and their willing accomplices, the media...

The NRA comes out looking pretty classy by not jumping in the mud with Obama. Yet, still gets out their message.

Guy

Mr President is good at "wagging" the dog. Listened to him tonight and I could not argue with anything he said, except the part about tougher restrictions on "assault weapons" (so what...forks and baseball bats...?) We all know and understand this better than he does. He plays to people who do not, or choose not to understand. I guess I debate if some one on a "No fly list" should be able to purchase....but I know better. It does show that the idea of any "system" does not work. Plainly put, evil exists in the world. You cannot legislate ethics or morals. I think that some times it can only be met with like force. I wonder if it would have turned out better if 3-4 people had returned fire in California or Parris. I could be wrong and I hope I never have to make those decisions (one reason I am grateful for those of you who serve your country and community..) Almost all my memories connected with firearms are of good times with family , friends and Gods creation. I am blessed...but hopefully not totally naive. CL

was this another GUN FREE area? Arnt they always GUN FREE areas? This never happens at firing ranges wonder why.

Just my 2 cents

I wish the real truth about the actual fatalities in each State be listed. The State of Washington just listed that 80% of those deaths are suicide, disproportionately high amongst mostly young teens, and those that are homosexual, transgender, and queer, and Native Americans. The number of deaths by firearms that are tied to suicide I'd imagine is very high across the Country, and those in domestic violence.

The other "Joke" is that internet sale transactions are evading each States background checks, that just not true to my knowledge. I've bought a lot of guns online or directly through the gun builder, all were sent to a FFL dealer where I completed the firearm transfer before taking possession of any firearm. In my lifetime of traveling around the country and buying firearms at gun dealers, all were bought by filling out that same paperwork. For as long as I can remember, I've filled out those forms. I'd imagine most firearm sales are done that way, and very few are sold from an individual to individual on a National level.

Let's see, would I buy some gun that may have been used in a crime without a paper trail to when I acquired it? NO way! I'm not that hard up, plus what if it was stolen? Nope, not me. That only leaves a friend to a friend, and the criminal to criminal and/or the criminal to the unaware that make such purchases.

To say gun shows and internet sales are avoiding the proper transfers is just untrue, as well as the number of deaths by actual criminal acts in percentage terms vs. suicide, accidental shooting(s) or death, and the criminal shot during a crime. There is always two sides to every story, and the facts are what shed the most light on the real numbers and what is really going on.

Back