Survey says

Most interesting. I came very close to those for whom I would vote.

I guess that means I've been listening to what is said and to the positions staked out. Does that make me an informed voter? Consequently, I took the Canadian survey as well. Yeah, I'm in substantial agreement with the party for which I tend to vote.

Well, according to that survey, I side with Trump 87% and Cruz 84%. When asked who I'd vote for un the primary I said Cruz. I like that trump says but frankly I don't trust him, especially on the subject of gun control. I just have that little itchy-twitchy feeling in my gut.
Paul B.

I got 94% Trump...which suits me, I've already voted for him in the primary (absentee ballot).

I don't see him forwarding any gun control...

I've always been sorta in between the parties anyway...on some things I agree with the Dems, and on some things I agree with the Republicans.

I've been saying for years I wish someone would come along that I just plain agree with, an everyday man (or woman)...a modern day Davy Crockett (not a politician)...someone who tells it like it is, political party and political correctness be damned.

I know he's flip flopped on some issues, a person has a right to change their mind, I've changed my stance on some issues over the years too (I started out a Democrat, and was raised to be one...but gun control did me in on that)...I believe he'll try to do what we hired him to do if he gets elected...I believe he understands that (being hired to do a job)

My Grandad was a staunch Democrat, but he wasn't one of these liberal dimwits that we have today...he disagreed with gun control, he liked Ronald Reagan (another flip flopper)...

My Dad, unfortunately, has completely lost it...he voted for Obama twice and will vote for whichever Dem gets the nomination...even though he STRONGLY disagrees with them on immigration...beats all I ever seen...I don't understand it.

He didn't use to be that way....

Edited to add: I really like Ben Carson, hard not to...soft spoken, intelligent, level headed...thing is, I just don't think he knows how to be "tough"...and we've had way too much of a wimp in the oval office for too long already.

What I like about Trump...

He ain't skeered!

He says what he thinks, even when he knows its not what everybody wants to hear.

Make no mistake...he is smart...maybe not the most intelligent candidate, but he is the smartest (there is a difference).

He is very experienced at making deals...and he obviously comes out on top of most of them.

He knows how to run a business...and thats what this country is these days...a business...budgets, incomes, expenses, deficits...no other candidate has his experience with managing money.

Paul,

Do a bit of searching on Trumps son. He is a pretty big hunter. I don't think Trump will do anything to jeopardize our second amendment rights. If anything I think he will slap some hands.

IdahoCTD":3s23zkvp said:
Paul,

Do a bit of searching on Trumps son. He is a pretty big hunter. I don't think Trump will do anything to jeopardize our second amendment rights. If anything I think he will slap some hands.

exactly , I remember the son being in the hate news for hunting Africa , and posing with his trophies . 6 or 8 years ago I stopped in R W Hart to talk to Bobby , he told me he was building a rifle for Donald Trump Jr .

I keep reading about fear of Trump being antigun , I just don't believe it

It's no wonder we have very little conflict on this forum we all seem to have the same views. I'm not big on surveys but I took it just to see where I stood on things and like everyone else so far I came out Trump and Cruz. I was raised a Dem and my father was a staunch union man. He never talked politics and would never say how he voted.
I'm a reg Dem but vote who I think is best suited for the job Dem or Rep makes no difference. One things for sure and that is Liberal I'm not.
I'm for the Death penalty and would have a hanging scaffold erected at every court house square just to remind the criminals what to expect if they get stupid. I would also turn prisons back into prisons and not luxury hotels with bars which they are today.
Time to get off my soap box.

This survey put me at almost a 4-way tie with all of the Rep front runners. That is no surprise.

My Dad and his Dad are/were staunch Dems. That is the house I was raised in. The Dems of yore were a completely different camp than they are today however. JFK was a member of the NRA for example.

The Roosevelt/Kennedy Dems mainly were for not giving major tax breaks to the very rich. That is something I still agree with. If someone has 10 million dollars and the Government takes 10% they still have 9 million dollars. If that same man brings home $50k a year and the government takes $5k that is a much bigger hit to the working man. That's a down payment on a new house, car, etc. However I don't concede that it is constitutionally legal for the government to be seizing the monies of it citizens via taxes.

On nearly every major issue (Gun rights, Same-sex couples, Abortion, Immigration, Death Penalty, Obama Care, Small Govt, etc.) I side with the Conservatives. However I am not so party bound that I always side one way. I think that is why this forum is so well behaved. We have very intelligent, well-educated members here who don't argue based upon emotion but upon facts and life-experiences regardless of political preferences.

For what it's worth, I would love to see a Statesman (read Davy Crockett) run for POTUS again.

Dale

Not a Trump fan. He doesn't even come close to acting Presidential, instead he acts like a petulant little bully.

That said, if it comes down to Trump vs Bernie or Hillary... I'll vote for him. Don't mind me if I hold my nose while so doing.

Guy

I've held my nose since Reagan. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back