Our Flag & National Anthem

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
Didn't know how to title this but saw this and thought I would share with everyone.
As a proud Veteran I do not support any disrespect of our countries flag or national anthem. And I also don't support professional sports or over paid athletes.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,341
Roger, Thank You for posting this photo which I have posted on my Facebook page for all my friends to see.. Thank You, and All Veterans for your and their service and sacrifice for our freedoms and security. A thankful non-veteran, Rol

Excellent reminder. Consequently, from a biological point of view, there is only one race--the human race.

DrMike":241whp74 said:
Excellent reminder. Consequently, from a biological point of view, there is only one race--the human race.

Amen to that DrMike!

As a veteran, I'm deeply saddened, and disgusted that we have individuals who want to constantly disrespect the nation that help make them "great". Where else on this planet could they get the same opportunities as they've had here?
I'm constantly wondering as to who is teaching our young people to disrespect authority?
As a former veteran, and police officer, it amazes me that we have a generation of people who defy lawful orders from police, and the government.
After being stopped, they want to continue shouting profanities, and run, or walk away.
If anyone wants change, use Martin Luther King Jr, and Muhatma Ghandi as an example. Demonstrate peacefully, and open dialogue. Let both sides talk. Don't shout over your opponent, or disrespect your opponent. Don't overpower your opponent.
We're all in it together. No one is better than the other.
Together we stand, divided, we all fall.

HawkeyeSATX a.k.a. Bryce

DrMike":2pvobkgw said:
+1 DrMike I've always tried to treat everyone equal and grew up thru the racial riots in the 1960s and had to help qualm the war riots in the 1990s Black and White is the color of the news paper I read just about every day and see no need for it any where else.

My father is an American, a veteran and a father of four daughters. Since him and mum adopted two daughters, we "sisters" are black, brown and white and we were taught at a very early age that respect, love, and understanding of one another and one another's feeling's, regardless of the topic being discussed, have nothing to do with the color of one's skin. consequently, at least in our family, "all lives matter"

My father also loved country music and Johnny Cash and I was lucky enough to hear the Johnny Cash poem of "The Ragged Old Flag" many times while growing up and I believe that more young people today should also listen to that poem/song. That millionaire quarterback's freedom to not respect the American Anthem, did not come cheap.

Africa Huntress":3eflu6ae said:
My father is an American, a veteran and a father of four daughters. Since him and mum adopted two daughters, we "sisters" are black, brown and white and we were taught at a very early age that respect, love, and understanding of one another and one another's feeling's, regardless of the topic being discussed, have nothing to do with the color of one's skin. consequently, at least in our family, "all lives matter"

My father also loved country music and Johnny Cash and I was lucky enough to hear the Johnny Cash poem of "The Ragged Old Flag" many times while growing up and I believe that more young people today should also listen to that poem/song. That millionaire quarterback's freedom to not respect the American Anthem, did not come cheap.
Thanks for the comments. I also come from a multiple mixed race family since my Great Grandmother was Cherokee Indian and Great Grandfather was white.
Same as you we were taught to respect each other and other people no matter the color of their skin.
Talking about country music, Mum and Dad would go to local dances where Pasty Kline was singing at local Honky Tonks and Barn dances. She was first married to a local boy before she became famous.

Back