I posted this elsewhere but thought it applied

Dwh7271

Handloader
Nov 18, 2013
Mods, if this is out of line, delete.
I was irritated by gun owners talking about not voting and/or third party candidates.

I simply cannot believe that on a forum where the 2nd Amendment should be the main issue we devolve into what's in it for me, emotional votes and speculation over who will do what to whom. There is no one candidate that's going to be all things to all people.
Re: 2nd Amendment- you only have 1 choice and that's who the NRA endorsed
Third party candidates- zero chance of being elected and thereby a wasted vote. Sure, I understand the symbolism but a vote here is the same as a democrat vote. You doubt it? A fairly conservative person will vote elsewhere before voting democrat but if the GOP had a very conservative choice, they would vote that. So, a third party candidate historically (other than Teddy) takes away from the GOP, thereby increasing the effectiveness of Dem votes.
In the financial mkts, an emotional decision is always wrong. History proves that. It is the same in politics. Why do you think the TV ads prey on emotion, not logic.
Supreme Court- you really want Hillary deciding this? If you haven't studied and read Heller (Supreme Court records) and how Scalia saved that one, you have zero business going further. One vote difference in that one and for all intents and purposes, the guns were gone.
Throw it to the electoral college or the House- almost zero chance of that happening and you want people that haven't fought the good fight for years to decide for you?
Freud said it better than I ever could- "insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result"
Folks, you need to quit bickering and take a stand. Whichever way you vote (logic only leaves one choice if you are a firearms aficionado) at least take a stand. The time for emotional or purely symbolic choices has come and gone. That sort of crap is going to lose us this country as we know it. Man up! (Or woman up if that applies)

I have already sent in my absentee ballet and voted a straight republican ticket which includes Donald Trump. I am not the only woman who supports him and I am a lot more worried about the 2nd amendment and the supreme court appointment than his locker room conversation with another man.

I would love to see a woman president some day but that woman is not Hillary, should not be Hillary, god willing, will not be Hillary.

The one thing that Trump has said that I agree with and repeat often is "we need to drain the swamp" and believe me Wash D.C. has become a swamp of cronyism and political corruption.

Now do you want me to tell you how I really feel (-;

p.s. I agree Dewey

Back