Standing when the national anthem is played

Europe

Handloader
Jun 18, 2014
I always have and I always will. I will stand for those who fought for our freedom and lost their lives doing so. I will stand for those who fought for our freedom and can no longer stand. I will stand for those who are fighting for our freedom today as well as for those who have fought for our freedom

I know there are several here on the forum but the two I know well are Guy and Scotty and not only do I thank you gentlemen for your service but I thank all those here who have served and yes I will stand for you.

I wish they would play and show what they showed at the Super bowl--the visual of what was shown with Johnny Cash singing -" The Ragged Old Flag"

Maybe someone here with more computer skills than I can post that utube clip that was played and shown at the super bowl.

Although I am currently traveling in Europe, my home is in Arizona and my children and grandchildren are still living in the great state of Arizona.

God Bless America and God Bless everyone currently serving and those who have served

How fast things change and how soon people forget. The halftime performance in the Super Bowl after 9/11 was done by U2. If anyone remembers what Bono(lead singer for those that didn't know) did at the conclusion of the performance it was pretty inspiring. He opened his jacket and the lining of his jacket was the American flag. An amazing gesture from a musical group that isn't from the US.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL6sUdma57I

Sorry, Guess Im REALLY out of the loop on this one..... Not standing for the national anthem is a protest of what exactly? Sorry I don't watch the national news very often. 10 hour days, 5-6 days a week means I get most of my news from the radio.
Be D@mn grateful if you can stand, and if you don't know what it means to "remove cover" your Daddy shoulda slapped your hat off your head. Guess you know where I weigh in on this one. Free country- express yourself but show some respect/gratitude for the flag that gives you the freedom to express that opinion... another time. CL

cloverleaf":2nf1q1tv said:
Sorry, Guess Im REALLY out of the loop on this one..... Not standing for the national anthem is a protest of what exactly? Sorry I don't watch the national news very often. 10 hour days, 5-6 days a week means I get most of my news from the radio.
Be D@mn grateful if you can stand, and if you don't know what it means to "remove cover" your Daddy shoulda slapped your hat off your head. Guess you know where I weigh in on this one. Free country- express yourself but show some respect/gratitude for the flag that gives you the freedom to express that opinion... another time. CL

I'm with you on this as to what they are exactly protesting. It's interesting to see how people will willingly believe a lie and get all worked up over things that aren't even true. It seems they are protesting non existent racism of some sort but mostly they can't accept that they lost the election even though it was stacked in their favour to win. Much of the so called outrage is manufactured by the people behind the scenes who control the media and have an agenda to push through.

It does seem that those kneeling or remaining seated are protesting to show their SJW credentials. Funny how Tim Tebow kneeling was anathema with his social betters, but Kaepernick kneeling is a mark of courage. Colour me confused. :? I support the right of these benighted souls to act as they do, but no one should complain when the public that has made them millionaires ceases to underwrite their shenanigans.

I find it amazing how language has been emptied of meaning. I thought heroes were those who actually risked their lives and fortunes to make a better nation, or heroes are those who form a thin blue line between chaos and civilization, or it was those who rush into burning buildings to ensure that no one is left behind. These were our heroes during an earlier day; and every little boy played at being a hero as he played fireman, policeman or soldier. Now, I learn that those who sprained a thumb while tweeting, incurred CTE entertaining the masses while accumulating (and often squandering) a fortune or hopped into multiple beds in order to become better known on the silver screen are imagined to be heroes. Our little boys are taught to play with dolls and fulfil strange fantasies that wouldn't even be spoken aloud in an earlier era. Yeah, the world has gone mad, and I saw it happen in my lifetime.

April, Thank you and thank you for the post.
I tend to stop what I'm doing and turn towards a flag or where the music of our National Anthem is coming from.
More then once my wife has had to stop and look to see where I am since she and everyone around me has kept walking or going on their merry way.
My wife is a patriot also and if she sees me stop she will do so also and has gotten use to me doing it.
I also will admit that I get teary eyed when I hear it played or sang.
Besides being respectful to stand it is also a privilege.
God Bless our Flag and God Bless our National Anthem.
Also be Damned to the NFL and all sports who's players disrespect either or both.

DrMike +1 you and me both.

AK7AN":3t8avjus said:
I will stand for the flag, and kneel at the cross..
Exactly right!
April, you make a great point.
I will add that if everyone were to boycott the NFL, the over paid cry babies, including the owners, would stand for the flag, and the revenue.

JD338

Found this today. Insightful.

Dtjg81b.jpg

The caption Rep. Mast included states:

"The NFL doles out penalties for celebrating a touchdown, but won't require respect for our flag?
I have taken a knee after jumping out of a helicopter as we looked for the enemy, taken a knee in front of the Soldiers Cross as we mourned a fallen brother and taken a knee in church. Any player who has taken a knee to protest this great country during its anthem should already be gone.
To all my brothers and sisters still serving overseas: we stand with you!"

This is a subject worth fighting for, and to keep! And I don't get it, there are other ways to protest, just not put down what our Country "Stands For"! The men and women that fought for this Country deserve our Attention, and Stand at Attention! Period!

When I was a kid at school we all started the day standing with our hand over our heart, and saying the pledge of allegiance..... But now that's been used as a means of protesting by the NFL players..... which by the way I don't watch any of the ball games. Not because of that reason, but for me I'd rather be outside doing something of value that I enjoy doing. I will watch the Super Bowl Game, after I get off the ski mountain! lol

OK, but the Men, and Women that fought for our Country deserve our respect, and not a tool for protesting.

April thank you for your post and reminding us of what it means to be an American. The football players and others who think it's the thing to do is kneeling when the Anthem is played can go to H#%&!

What would really tickle my fancy would be being "forced" to watch a football game as one of my son in laws and when those punk players knelt during the anthem everybody in the stadium would boo them as they all left en masse while insisting on refunds for their tickets. (y) I think that would really make my day. If it happened more than once, even better. Guess the fans have just as much right to protest the player actions as the players protesting the anthem.
Paul B.

Back