Repeal the 2nd Amendment

It is a ginormous load of horse CRAP!

I think we have PLENTY of restrictions as it is. I don't know if we need more "feel good" restrictions that only offer "better feelings but no impact".

I heard on the radio that in Idaho they are planning to teach firearms safety in school. Isn't that a danged novel idea! Jeeze, maybe make people more aware of their surroundings and pull their heads out of their butts.

Heck, maybe get rid of the first 10 Amendments and start over so EVERYONE can feel special and have a say.. :roll:

What's even danged funnier to me is there is very little talk about the ARMED security guard that handled the situation in Maryland with minimal loss of life.

Stevens was always a disappointment to Constitutionalists (Originalists). I'm not even certain he would qualify as a RINO, though he was appointed by a Republican. There really can be no compromise. The anti-gunners haven't figured out that the loss of one freedom will mean the loss of all freedoms in time. The 2A today, and the 1st tomorrow.

"What's even danged funnier to me is there is very little talk about the ARMED security guard that handled the situation in Maryland with minimal loss of life."

Now they're saying the kid shot himself in the head while the SRO shot him in the hand. Apparently both shot simultaneously. Saw it on a news clip someone posted on the Ruger Forum.
Paul B.

PJGunner":3thqlgir said:
"What's even danged funnier to me is there is very little talk about the ARMED security guard that handled the situation in Maryland with minimal loss of life."

Now they're saying the kid shot himself in the head while the SRO shot him in the hand. Apparently both shot simultaneously. Saw it on a news clip someone posted on the Ruger Forum.
Paul B.

Who cares at this point. At least he was being pursued and suppressed with gun fire! Weak SOBs take their own lives. Wished they’d stand and take those rounds like they dish out.

SJB358":2gi4x1v8 said:
PJGunner":2gi4x1v8 said:

Paul B.

Who cares at this point. At least he was being pursued and suppressed with gun fire! Weak SOBs take their own lives. Wished they’d stand and take those rounds like they dish out.

+1

It seems to be a given that mass murderers stop the mayhem when confronted. In the vast majority of cases, they then turn the gun on themselves. The sooner they are confronted, the sooner they will cease the slaughter and save the state money by taking themselves out.

DrMike":4i0klir5 said:
SJB358":4i0klir5 said:
PJGunner":4i0klir5 said:

Paul B.

+1

It seems to be a given that mass murderers stop the mayhem when confronted. In the vast majority of cases, they then turn the gun on themselves. The sooner they are confronted, the sooner they will cease the slaughter and save the state money by taking themselves out.

I hear that! It’s a horrible crime with no good reason at all. I’m all for armed people protecting my daughter in her school. Heck, she’s even voiced the want. Plenty of good folks that could fill the roles as well. If enough parents voiced the opinion I’d bet things would change but most of them have a mouth full of leaves and a Bernie 16 sticker on their darned car back east.

John Paul Stevens is one more reason why there should be a "best before" (a cut-off) date for those serving in government positions. And I say that as an old duffer! Stevens retired at age 90, and it was thirty years too late. He was a reliably liberal judge that imagined he could legislate from the bench.

Unfortunately, a bad judge at fifty-five (when he was nominated by Ford) will still be a bad judge at ninety (when he retired and was succeeded by Kagan), except the impoverished abilities are magnified.

I'm for armed folks in the schools protecting our kids. What would be wrong with training and providing teachers with tasers like law enforcement officers have also! I know I would not want to go up against a firearm with a taser, but it can be pretty effective at close distances and it's a less-lethal option for the sugar puffs out there. It would not be bad to provide each teacher with a small can of pepper spray like LEO's wear also. They could certainly wear those every day on a belt easily enough or have in their desk. Another less lethal option. I know again it's not what I would want, but it might be enough to save lives with either of those last two options.

6mm Remington":3ntcp4c7 said:
I'm for armed folks in the schools protecting our kids. What would be wrong with training and providing teachers with tasers like law enforcement officers have also! I know I would not want to go up against a firearm with a taser, but it can be pretty effective at close distances and it's a less-lethal option for the sugar puffs out there. It would not be bad to provide each teacher with a small can of pepper spray like LEO's carry also. They could certainly wear those every day on a belt easily enough or have in their desk. Another less lethal option. I know again it's not what I would want, but it might be enough to save lives with either of those last two options.

One step closer

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...t-weapons-fine-those-who-keep-them/488987002/

The phrase that concerns me is "The weapons are defined as semi-automatic rifles ABLE to accept a large magazine"....So, isn't rifles like a 7400 Rem "Able" to accept a large magazine, if one existed..It doesn't say "with", it says "able" to accept one..And what is their definition of "large" or "high capacity"? 10? 15? 20?. I think some things are intentionally written vaguely to keep the door open...I'm hoping this is a condensed version, simplified for the article, and the actual wording is not so unambiguous.

hunter24605":vm390tj7 said:
One step closer

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...t-weapons-fine-those-who-keep-them/488987002/

The phrase that concerns me is "The weapons are defined as semi-automatic rifles ABLE to accept a large magazine"....So, isn't rifles like a 7400 Rem "Able" to accept a large magazine, if one existed..It doesn't say "with", it says "able" to accept one..And what is their definition of "large" or "high capacity"? 10? 15? 20?. I think some things are intentionally written vaguely to keep the door open...I'm hoping this is a condensed version, simplified for the article, and the actual wording is not so unambiguous.

Guess what. Ten round magazines have bee available for the Remington's for some years now. :shock: OOOOPPPS! No real reason someone can't or hasn't already made some to take 20 rounds. I don't think it would take a genius who had a 7400 in .308 Win. to fix M1a/M14 magazines to work in one. THose are 20 rounders.

First it will be all your semi-autos, then your bolt action "sniper" rifles and other repeating firearms. What's left with be singles, next on their list I'm sure and muzzle loaders. Makes me think in a few years my small collection of Ruger #1's in various configurations just may take a very big jump in value. :roll:

I also think it is well past time we the people stand up against our non-representatives and tell to do the job we elected them to do or get the hell out. I do seriously wish we could get rid of our Congressrat, one Raul Grijalva. He's so powerful in his district that no one even dared to run against him. Pissed me off so much I actually wrote myself in as running against him. His district has a Hispanic majority so he never loses. :x He is one of the "D" sponsors of the new House assault weapons bill which as I understand it may even make you tube fed .22 illegal to own if it's a semi. Think about it
Paul B.

Every regulation is just the camel's nose a bit further under the tent. Their goal is total confiscation. They don't enforce the current laws in many cases but then want to add new ones. Giving in, in any way, is giving them a charge card on our freedom.

Back