Into Danger I Go...

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Well, I don't think it's real danger.

I agreed to meet a bunch of liberals at 0700 this morning and talk to 'em as a gun owner. They don't understand us, or why we fight them. At least that's what I've been told. It's a rural group of democrats, so I don't expect the flaming Seattle-type liberals. Supposed to be about 35 of 'em, but I dunno, seems kinda early for a whole pack of 'em to be up and around.

But we will see.

If I'm not back this evening. I went down fighting.

Headed to the Gun Club to go bust some caps after talking with 'em. If I'm unsettled, shooting eases my mind and helps me get back on track. I think I'll tell 'em that this morning. :grin:

Leaving the body armor, as well as my primary and secondary handguns at home this morning.

Wish me luck!

Guy

Good luck Guy, if you can find one in 35 with an open mind to listen to you your will have had a great day. Will be looking forward to hearing your debriefing.

Hopefully they listen, though it is difficult for me to believe that they are capable of such courtesy. Semper Fi, Guy. Best of luck in this endeavour.

Survived. Did pretty well. In the back of the room were 1.5 women who disagreed with me, one very strongly, that's why 1.5 rather than two women disagreed.

And a 30-something fellow came up to me afterwards, outside, in the parking lot... Looked around like he didn't want to be seen, and asked me for advice on what kind of AR-15 to get so he could kill coyotes trying to get into his chicken coops!  

I'd count that as at least a partial victory!

Regards, Guy

Congratulations Guy and thanks for jumping to the challenge. The liberals that I know are so close minded that they will not listen to reason. Our sorry excuse for governor is leader of the pack with new feel good legislative proposals. Can't wait to get out of NY.

I think the reason I was willing to go was that these guys 'n gals are rural Democrats. Some farmers, a fair number of hunters (I asked) some veterans.

Then there were the far left folks in the room.

Probably a lot like any group of conservatives, some at the far right, others not as much. It was an interesting experience. Only 1.5 of 'em got under my skin a bit, but I'm pretty smooth at handling that sort of stuff.

Guy

Thank you for fighting the fight.
While maybe not a total victory, everyone changes their view and becomes a gun supporter, I’m sure you gave the more reasonable much to consider.

Vince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back