Canadian assault rifle ban

Thebear_78

Handloader
Sep 30, 2004
I was reading the 1500 firearm list of banned firearms today. I was wondering how this will effect our Canadian members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It won't effect me directly since I don't have any but it is very upsetting. Thanks to the residents of Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver for this garbage. Trudeau is one of the most corrupt leaders in the whole world, he is exactly the same as the Clinton, Obama and Bush families. I so badly want to have western Canada to separate and leave Vancouver behind.

I traded my Colt AR-15 for a Ruger 45 Long Colt and $900 some months back. None of my current firearms are under this ban. However, this is a lesson to anyone that when the government "gives" a right, a government can remove that right. This is a picture of why the Second Amendment is critical. I will be watching to see how the western provinces respond. Coming when it did, and in the manner in which it comes, this is a grave insult to free people. Like the US, many people are out of work, bills are piling up, and the federal government wants to seize property without compensation. There may be a seriously strong reaction from many people.

There is another lesson for Americans. When the Electoral College is eliminated in favour of a popular vote (as Queen Nancy desires and as AOC anticipates), then New York and Los Angeles will choose the government--middle America will be helpless and hopeless. In Canada, Montreal, Toronto, Edmonton and Vancouver choose the government. The rural areas really have little voice except to squawk when they are raided to supply the major cities with more goods.

Might be time for a little revolution;
Probably good the rifles are put away, listening to Jimmy Buffet and contemplating my third drink while I watch elk filter out of the timber.
Hope you are all doing well.

Justin’s dramatic reading skills a his ability to condescend and show disdain is improving.

I think that’s about my limit for complimenting him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As expected, the federal government is now bruiting the idea that handguns may need even greater restrictions. It isn't enough that they are highly regulated now, and available only for target shooting. "If it will save even one life" is the mantra again repeated by our political betters in Canada, just as in the US. Of course, if they believed that, the speed limit would be ten kilometres per hour. If politicians really believed that, they would ban swimming so that all drownings could be avoided. These brilliant thinkers would ban all knives, except for butter knives. The liberal mind does not want safety for the masses; the liberal mind wants control over the masses.

DrMike":2csb0ba2 said:
These brilliant thinkers would ban all knives, except for butter knives.

Isn’t that what they did in Britain? I wouldn’t give them any ideas!

Yeah, when knives are banned, I'm going to have a hard time cleaning my moose or my elk (after a clean kill by chasing it over a cliff).

DrMike":2qxpmwoc said:
As expected, the federal government is now bruiting the idea that handguns may need even greater restrictions. It isn't enough that they are highly regulated now, and available only for target shooting. "If it will save even one life" is the mantra again repeated by our political betters in Canada, just as in the US. Of course, if they believed that, the speed limit would be ten kilometres per hour. If politicians really believed that, they would ban swimming so that all drownings could be avoided. These brilliant thinkers would ban all knives, except for butter knives. The liberal mind does not want safety for the masses; the liberal mind wants control over the masses.
It's a very, very slippery slope, once you open the door to bans. Of course, they don't work as intended, but to the Left that is only evidence that the previous ones didn't go far enough, so they must ban something else. Molon Labe.

Back