Strange banking experience

Thebear_78

Handloader
Sep 30, 2004
I had an interesting interaction with Denali Alaska today. I tried to purchase a set of bushing 6.5 PRC dies from whidon gunworks and my debit card was declined. Then it was locked out the rest of the night.

This morning I get a call from credit card fraud division asking about my transaction.

The lady asked about the transaction and after i said it wasn’t fraud she asked if I was purchasing ammunition

I asked her what business it was of hers what I am purchasing. She said she would turn the card back on. She was kind of rude the entire time.

I’m betting they are generating lists of people buying ammunition and firearm related products. This has earmarks of Obama’s operation choke point. Where there was a directed effort to deny firearm and ammunition industry financial services

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that would be worrisome. Strange things seem to just keep happening in the USA.

If they did any legitimate data science on your purchasing history, they’d know you are an outdoors person.

It is distressing.

Of course CHase bank marked a CC transaction I made. Like a cheap clock, every Saturday between 6am and 8 am, I hit Starbucks, then the grocery store across the street for 5 years or more...

One Saturday morning they thought it was fraudulent looking. I got to a manager and wasn’t pleasant.

Normal time, normal amount of money.

Started thinking they just have a random
Counter to reject charges...

Which if that’s true, that’s scary too.

That’s interesting. I doubt there’s some dark conspiracy. They love for you to charge expensive things and really love it when you only make the monthly minimum payment[emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]. I appreciate it when my CC company monitors these things. Stolen identity stuff is a real pain to get ironed out. She may have asked about ammo because that might be a frequent fraudulently charged item right now.

It was a debit card. I hope your right but I smell something fishy.

Back