Vehicle use Tax

diverdown

Handloader
Apr 29, 2015
This just came out on the news this morning and I'm sure it just sent a thrill up everyone's leg. Now their talking about implementing a vehicle use tax which means wherever you drive your vehicle whether it's around town or on a trip you'll will pay for the mile's used. We're just seeing the beginning of a nightmare. The gun control bills that are starting to come up are also the beginnings of a nightmare. This is definitely going to be a rough ride.

Anticipate other "wonderful" ideas as the Democrats work at wealth transfer. It is almost a condition of putting the "D" after their name that these cretins be convinced that they know better than you how to spend the money you earn.

Mayor Pete couldn't run a city, but he will undoubtedly prove to be an expert at taking care of transportation for the USA. People will soon have windmills on the roof of their vehicles in an attempt to satisfy the hare-brained schemes dreamed up by the progressives. Candidly, I'm concerned that the "ideas" of this administration will float north, contaminating our already incompetent government with even crazier ideas to try out on the public.

I hear New Mexico is realizing their energy industry just got a death blow...

Heavily D for a long time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjcmichigan":2wfw5bat said:
I hear New Mexico is realizing their energy industry just got a death blow...

Heavily D for a long time...

Yup! Who'd thought? Vote "D," get "D" policies. :roll:

This has been on the table for several years, here on the left coast. As electric cars became more popular the states realized that they were losing revenue, because they (the states) were not getting the gas and diesel taxes from those cars. I don't think that it went forward, but with the Democratic parties thirst for every dollar they can take from the taxpayer, more things like this will be considered.

I wonder how mid term elections will turn out in 2022.

JD338

I think the American people are about to see just how king and equal a totalitarian state is.

djauofd":2fviyc0z said:
I think the American people are about to see just how king and equal a totalitarian state is.

Sadly, that's exactly where so many of them want to go. :(

Guy

mjcmichigan":jqj2zgo5 said:
Dr. Vette":jqj2zgo5 said:
JD338":jqj2zgo5 said:

JD338
I'm looking at the Governor race here; I suspect you are as well.
Me three.

She won't be reelected. She is a one hit wunder.

JD338

JD338":1h8hk8g2 said:
mjcmichigan":1h8hk8g2 said:
Dr. Vette":1h8hk8g2 said:
JD338":1h8hk8g2 said:

JD338
I'm looking at the Governor race here; I suspect you are as well.
Me three.

She won't be reelected. She is a one hit wunder.

JD338

Gee, ultimately Biden didn't even want her in his administration. I guess even she could screw up enough to make herself of no practical worth. She can always send her husband to their summer home to get the boat ready.

Jim, I hope you are right.

Also hope her AG is. One hit wonder.

Far as I’m concerned she owes me 106k in damages from the flood.

AG was forcing the dam owner to keep the water high..threatening lawsuits to protect fresh water mussels. It was very bizarre behavior. They had Wixom lake at its highest flood level before the storm with 7” hit. No preemptive draw down like a dam operator should be doing... the AG set this all up with heavy handed threats in March and April. Funny, she’s charging the former Governor for neglect of duty. Must not be occurring to her she should be charged over the flood. Wiped out a downtown and many residences downstream. Anyways... nasty people in us politics...

DrMike":t5ue5v1g said:
Gee, ultimately Biden didn't even want her in his administration. I guess even she could screw up enough to make herself of no practical worth. She can always send her husband to their summer home to get the boat ready.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

diverdown":3ourzt99 said:
This just came out on the news this morning and I'm sure it just sent a thrill up everyone's leg. Now their talking about implementing a vehicle use tax which means wherever you drive your vehicle whether it's around town or on a trip you'll will pay for the mile's used. We're just seeing the beginning of a nightmare. The gun control bills that are starting to come up are also the beginnings of a nightmare. This is definitely going to be a rough ride.

Any idea how they would monitor/enforce that?

when I renew my vehicle license , I have to put the current odometer reading on the license renewal form . when I do a state safety inspection, I log the current, and the previous , odometer readings in the book .

Brinky72":24t87f26 said:
diverdown":24t87f26 said:

Any idea how they would monitor/enforce that?

I could imagine compelling an odometer reading when you purchase your tag and calculate the mileage since the previous registration/tag purchase.

I don’t know fellas...

Every time I am in Seattle or Portland (we all know those politics) I am in awe of the traffic. I am one of those that looks at the occupants in the other car. Might get me shot someday. Anyway, 98% of these Bernie bumper sticker Beemers and Bugs only have one occupant in them. Then they demand action on climate change and curbing dependence on fossil fuel.

I’m thinking they could use a good, stiff use-tax down there.[emoji1]

gbflyer":3o9xpc8e said:
I don’t know fellas...

Every time I am in Seattle or Portland (we all know those politics) I am in awe of the traffic. I am one of those that looks at the occupants in the other car. Might get me shot someday. Anyway, 98% of these Bernie bumper sticker Beemers and Bugs only have one occupant in them. Then they demand action on climate change and curbing dependence on fossil fuel.

I’m thinking they could use a good, stiff use-tax down there.[emoji1]
I sure couldn’t car pool with them!
(Bernie or AOC-items)...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back