Couple of weeks and some heat.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
Amazing what it will do. Picking cucumbers and zuccinni by the basket everyday. Tomato's are hanging on but not ripe yet.

Posted a few pics a couple weeks ago of the garden this yr and my sweet corn patch. Garden is going wild. Planted 4 pumpkins that a couple weeks ago were just plant sized, now they've taken over a 25'x25' area. 10-12' runners and are still spreading out. Has pumpkins hanging all over....not sure what we're gonna do with them. :lol:

Beets and string beans. Pulled around 30 beets so far, the rest will be ready within the week.

Sweet corn went from coming on, to 6' tall and fully tassled. Pushing ears pretty hard. This patch is 150'x50' and is planted in Honey Select which is a yellow corn.

The end patch which you can't see, is about 200'x 30' and is planted in Providence, which is a yellow/white combination corn. I call it bread and butter.

Man, I'm envious. That is some beautiful harvest that lies ahead for you.

Dr Mike, should make a lot of stuff to use and give away, no matter how you cut it. Only thing I will say is last yr the sweet corn had ZERO loss or damage that I could find. This yr there is a doe and 2 young one's coming out in a field corner about 500 yds from this patch, pretty sure they're the culprits.

They are having a high O time in the bottom 2 rows of the patch in this picture. Looks to me like mom is plucking out ears, and the 2 youngster's are trying to imitate her and ending up busting a bunch of stalks over with the ears still on them. Oh well still plenty left and animals gotta eat to.

Back