Barbecued Salmon

gerry

Ammo Smith
Mar 1, 2007
This is my favorite recipe, like it best with Chinook but it works great with any salmon.

Equal parts of:

Brown sugar
Sweet teriyaki sauce
Olive oil
Chop up a large onion and marinate a minimum of one day but two days are better. Barbecue till the fish is just done, nothing worse than dried out fish.

Because I have had to change my diet to be gluten free (and a whole lot of other stuff) I had to modify this recipe so now use:

Equal parts of:

Maple syrup
Gluten free teriyaki sauce
Olive oil
Large chopped up onion.

This works as well as the original recipe...........

Hope you enjoy.

That sounds great, Gerry. When I was barbequing a lot of salmon (living in the Lower Mainland), I often packed a salmon with brown sugar and sliced onion, adding salt and pepper to taste. Then wrapped the fish in foil and placed it on the grill. The brown sugar melted and carried the onion flavor through the flesh. Sure was good. I should imagine that the flavor of the salmon you present would be quite similar. Man, that gets me thinking.

That sounds good as well. We really like the recipes I posted, it is always a hit when we invite people over.

Sounds delicious. I will have to give this a try.

JD338

I've BBQ'd salmon before and like it cooked that way. I'll have to give your recipe a go.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Just read this and I am glad that I just had lunch or I would have been heading to Pacific fresh Fish to purchase some salmon to give this a try.
This past week I purchased a Wood Pellet Grill and will start to play on it this weekend :wink:. Salmon is one of the first things we are going to try along with a Moose or Elk roast.
Doc if you have a good receipt off the top of your head for those roasts I am all ears :mrgreen:!

Blessings,
Dan

I enjoy a good rub with brown sugar, ancho pepper, coarse salt and smoked paprika. Smoke it low and slow to keep it moist. It helps to put it in an old pan so you can baste it with the drippings.

DrMike, I will be giving that a try real soon (y)! Thank you for the recipe..

Blessings,
Dan

Since I don't have fresh Salmon, Elk,Moose or Bear and all out of Venison I do like to take a nice Beef (Black Angus) roast and make a foil bag placing meat ,potatoes chunks,carrots and two vidalia onions quartered inside, one stick of melted butter salt pepper, celery seed, Worcester sauce and sweet basil. Liberally apply Worcester sauce, salt pepper to taste, sprinkle basil and celery seed on meat and potatoes carrots and onion, Pour butter over all and seal foil bag. place on gas grill at 360* close grill and bake for 1/2hr or till veggies are done. Yum Yum!!!!
Gerry didn't mean to steal your post but since we were discussing recipes I thought I would throw this one in. It should work with any red meat and maybe chicken but haven't tried the latter.

The secret recipe was this:
1/3 cup honey, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup of butter , one or two capfulls of Wrights liquid smoke,
Cook in pan until glaze looks like maple syrup. Take salmon with skin on and baste flesh side with glaze, put onto Weber style grill, cook until flesh side is golden brown wih grill marks , and flip over to skin side down, it will stick to grill. The fish is now looking good but basically raw in middle, baste flesh
Side again, cooking with lid on until you see fat starting to come up thru layers, simply slide your spatula between flesh and skin onto plater, leaving skin stuck to grill, in 5 mins ,come back and the skin will
Have curled up off grill, scrape off into trash no mess!!
This fish is praised by all, even folks and (kids)that wont normally eat salmon!! Simply the best!

Back