Soda biscuits

35 Whelen

Handloader
Dec 22, 2011
Made with good olde Bakewell Cream, try some of these with your own sausage gravy! Sure to give that lipitor something to work on!!!! Lol
Just came outta the oven!
IMG_20151224_070322423.jpg

Biscuits and gravy are part of well balanced heart attack. Especially if the gravy is good gizzard gravy made with tater water.

Bruce Mc":2kyzlb0b said:
Biscuits and gravy are part of well balanced heart attack. Especially if the gravy is good gizzard gravy made with tater water.

Brings a tear to my eye just remembering good Texas table fare, Bruce. Every now and then (when Mama's away) I make up some biscuits and sausage gravy just for my own feast.

I remember one time my dad and I were eating Alaskan King Crab, and I said " Well it doesn't get much better than
This does it ".He said " I would rather have a good lamb deer and a hot pan of soda biscuits" !!!
Loved his venison....... Here is one of his best bucks he ever shot...... Circa 1960's but same sorts bucks still around here today.

IMG_20151223_073600688.jpg

Man soda biscuits brings back great memories :mrgreen:. Fresh farm mixed butter & home made Saskatoon jam with a big glass or 2 of cold butter milk (y).
I guess that tells you why I had bypass surgery :lol:.
Thanks for the post!

Blessings,
Dan

Lol,
Yes it seams like everything that tastes really good, is bad for ya!
I just had a warm biscuit no butter with homemade Rasberry jelly
And a cup of tea........... But your menu sounded better!
E

Ps Dan, have you read "Fifty years below Zero" by Charles Brower?
I am reading it now excellent tales of up North with the Eskimos before
We ruined it!!! Good Stuff.

Earle, I have not read that book yet but I might look into as I have not had a good read for some time now :wink:.
Thanks for the tip (y).
Earle, getting off the subject a bit last week I was told that it is not politically correct when I used the word Eskimo and that I would offend people by using that word. I politely asked why and was told that the word means meat eater and that is offensive to the people of the north. Man in this day & age a guy is afraid to open his mouth :oops:.
I told that person that people have to get over things like that as there are far more important issues to worry about than being called a meat eater or maybe that is just me!!
Sorry for the rant.

Blessings,
Dan

Dan,
The world is getting pretty sensitive..... I am finding it too
Becoming stupid....... I come from that era where if you were too offended by something I said ,we just took it outdoors......... If you got the best of me , I didn't say it again, if you didn't then I guess you gotta listen to it.
Pussy footing around trying to make sure I am politically
Correct really isn't my style........ So if I were you I sure as hell, wouldn't loose much sleep over it. When I was a kid my gramp told me to call colored folks ," darkies" and that was polite lingo back in those days , nowadays I have no idea what your soposed to call them? I get along great with
Indians , Eskimos,and Dark skined folks, but I do not pussy
Foot around with any of them. Period.

35 Whelen":3f07lam3 said:
Dan,
The world is getting pretty sensitive..... I am finding it too
Becoming stupid....... I come from that era where if you were too offended by something I said ,we just took it outdoors......... If you got the best of me , I didn't say it again, if you didn't then I guess you gotta listen to it.
Pussy footing around trying to make sure I am politically
Correct really isn't my style........ So if I were you I sure as hell, wouldn't loose much sleep over it. When I was a kid my gramp told me to call colored folks ," darkies" and that was polite lingo back in those days , nowadays I have no idea what your soposed to call them? I get along great with
Indians , Eskimos,and Dark skined folks, but I do not pussy
Foot around with any of them. Period.
Earle, I guess we were brought up the same way and was taught to respect everyone but to not make any special exceptions.
And I took a few knocks as well as gave them out but for the most part I gave them out. Mom and Dad always said don't start it just finish it.

It ain't soda bisquits but it went well with the moose I cooked tonight.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1452062484881.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1452062484881.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4,139
Is that "sour dough" bread Vince? Looks yummie!
In Alaska the definition of a sourdough was someone that had turned sour on the state , but didnt have enough "dough" to get the heck outta there! Lol

Vince anything with Moose goes real well :wink:. My wife just made Moose meatballs as my grandson (who has moved back in with us) must of ate 5 and they were baseball size. He told Mama Nettie that he forgot how good Moose tasted.

PS. Guys & Gals, I should could use some prayer with this boy as he has had a real tough life and has been away from us for almost 3 years. He does have a good job as a scaffolder and there looks to be lots of work. He is taking counseling and is actually attending a church.
Thanking you all in advance.

Blessings,
Dan

Dan,

Prayers on the way my friend.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

That's some good looking bread E... I'll have to drop by and have a taste...

Vince, glad the lad is on track!

Any old time Scotty!
Just had some good old fashion molasses cookies tonite

Those are a favorite as well.

How much longer before your out chasing bass E?

Back