Pecan Pie

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
It's okay to get up at 3:00 in the morning, heat up a piece of pecan pie, enjoy it, and go back to bed, isn't it? :grin:

Sure but where's the pictures so we can drool on the pie. :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:
Nothing like a piece of Southern Pecan pie. (y)

Yup! Just what I'd do if there was pecan pie in the house. (y) I used to ask for pecan pie for my birthday every year. In more recent years, I've begun asking for bread pudding with butter sauce. This proclivity for super rich desserts (and the hot water my wife uses for washing) may account for the shrinkage in my hunting clothing in recent years. :?

DrMike":1rbcoj1y said:
Yup! Just what I'd do if there was pecan pie in the house. (y) I used to ask for pecan pie for my birthday every year. In more recent years, I've begun asking for bread pudding with butter sauce. This proclivity for super rich desserts (and the hot water my wife uses for washing) may account for the shrinkage in my hunting clothing in recent years. :?
You would have to bring up bread pudding, my Mom would put raisins in hers but I prefer fresh wiped cream or vanilla ice cream on mine while it's still hot fresh out of the oven. (y)

truck driver":7g29gmuo said:
DrMike":7g29gmuo said:
You would have to bring up bread pudding, my Mom would put raisins in hers but I prefer fresh wiped cream or vanilla ice cream on mine while it's still hot fresh out of the oven. (y)

It is all good! Favourite desserts from a lifetime of reveling in decadent conclusions to wonderful meals--sour cream raisin pie (from childhood), pecan pie (always a favourite), bread pudding, date cake. Man, if I didn't still have work to do all day long, I'd be in the kitchen now, or kicking Mama out of bed, so we could get busy making what we don't need, but definitely crave.

Bread pudding and pecan pie two of my favorites. Dang I'm craving both now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleveland48":ib1wzkbl said:

Yup! Gonna' be a tough day. Blame Guy! :lol:

D@mb! its 10:00 PM and I don't need that piece that is now calling my name thanks to your post.... :? :) Drooling on the keyboard..... WAY too "Pavlovian" CL

I warmed up another piece about midnight... Enjoyed it tremendously.

Only one piece of pie left...

Guy

Guy Miner":1gxxvqvj said:

Guy
That was right down sadistic Guy. But I'm sure your enjoying every word that has been printed :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
As for me I had Black Raspberry pie warmed up with Vanilla ice cream on top. :mrgreen:

Shame on you, Guy; I'm trying to cut back on desserts. Then, you go and post that. Shame on you. Smh.

Guy Miner":1u2xw7gw said:

Guy

My daughter had the last piece of ours while I was at work today. I Made it through thanks giving with only two pieces of pie :) Thought I did pretty good, darnit all. When you push a pencil for a living and a wheelchair the rest of the time you learn to be a little careful .... at least some of the time.... I wonder if their are any cranberries left.....?? :grin: :grin:

Back