Something Different With Deer

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
The wife decide to do something different with the left over scraps this time and cooked the meat down so it could be bottled and frozen.
She added onion, celery, garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
The idea being see could take it out of the freezer and make what ever she wanted out of it and since we only had about 10lbs of meat it was too little to run a caner to process.
She got 5qt jars of meat and one of broth plus she made a great stew out of what was left for dinner since the aroma was so delicious we couldn't resist eating it.
Dang it was delicious.

Attachments

• KIMG0324.jpg
    KIMG0324.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 562
  • KIMG0325.jpg
    KIMG0325.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 562
  • KIMG0326.jpg
    KIMG0326.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 562
  • KIMG0327.jpg
    KIMG0327.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 562
I usually dehydrate all my scraps and make dog treats out of them. All the connective tissue and meat scraps. Dogs love this stuff!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thebear_78":2dabyng6 said:
I usually dehydrate all my scraps and make dog treats out of them. All the connective tissue and meat scraps. Dogs love this stuff!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess I should have been more clear than using the word scraps since it was left over cuts from the hams, front shoulders and shanks, stew meat. I trimmed all the connective tissue and blooded meat off before processing. The real scraps went into the garbage which were not fit for human consumption. Waste not want not.:mrgreen:

Back