Basic Mule Deer Steaks

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006

Steaks medium rare, with pepper & garlic
Steamed broccoli
Baked potato
Sauteed mushrooms

Pretty yummy last night, accompanied by a glass of red wine. The mule deer steak isn't as tender as the antelope or elk, but is wonderfully flavorful. Love it!

Guy

Presentation is superb, Guy. Sorry the steak isn't as tender as you could wish. I've had some great steaks from mulies. My wife rates mule deer as her least favourite wild game. I have difficulty believing that. However, it just means more for me.

Looks great Guy, you are making me hungry. have you tried to sear the steaks inches from the top broiler in the oven at high heat for about 5 mins or until edges looks crispy like, flip over and sear again 5 mins and its ready. It works for me with whitetail. It locks the juices in.

TD - I haven't done steaks in the broiler in a long time.. Good thought. I do sear each side though.

Dr Mike - they were tender, just not as tender as what I'm getting from antelope & elk. I love to hunt, cook, and eat mule deer!

Guy

A meal for a king.
Nice presentation Guy.

JD338

Guy as usual it looks delicious :wink:. My wife did up a Mulie roast the other night and started off by marinating it for 24 hours in 1% milk and it might have been the best tasting deer roast I have ever had :mrgreen:.
In fact last night I had a hot Roast Mulie sandwich which again was just superb (y).

Blessings,
Dan

Man... I'm going to have to try some this week. I like venison anything. That looks excellent

Back