Greek Lamb and Red Potato Lollipops

DrMike

Ballistician
Nov 8, 2006
My turn to cook this evening. Busy day, but I did manage a meal. Greek Lamb and Red Potato Lollipops.

Greek Lamb:

Crushed 2 cloves of garlic in about 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Mixed in the juice and zest of one lemon. Rubbed the leg with the mix. Cut four cloves of garlic into slivers, piercing the leg and inserting the garlic, alternating with sprigs of rosemary. Ready for the Traeger. About 1 1/2 hours at medium temperature, pushed up to high for about 20 minutes.

Red Potato Lollipops:

Red new potatoes (we prefer these to yellow new potatoes), cut in two. Two sprigs of rosemary and about eight sprigs of fresh oregano minced. Add two cloves of garlic chopped fine and about 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Toss the potatoes and skewer on bamboo that has soaked in water all afternoon. About an hour on the Traeger with the Lamb (at least until the skin is tender and pierces easily). When served, provide a mix of 1/2 freshly grated Parmesan and crushed Pistachios.

Enjoy. There was enough for my wife and I and plenty for dinner tomorrow (so long as I make some more potatoes and perhaps a green salad).

Mike

That looks awesome. I think I'm going to get a leg of lamb this weekend.

JD338

Getting ready for Easter! :mrgreen: Yes, it was delectable and delightful. My lady was well-pleased tonight. I've been working hard for several days--so hard I didn't have time for a cup of joe this afternoon. The meal provided me an opportunity to enjoy a fresh cuppa' coffee and a second cup after dinner. I am sated.

I believe I could have added more rosemary, Jim. I didn't have any fresh thyme, or I would have added that when I was adding spices. The garlic is always such a sweet addition after smoking on the Traeger. I used cherry wood this evening, which added a hint of sweetness to the meat.

Back