Boneless loins from one bobcat
1/2 cup sweet paprika
1 tablespoon brown sugar
4 teaspoons salt
4 teaspoons onion powder
4 teaspoons black pepper
4 teaspoons white pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Mix all the seasonings, and sprinkle on all sides of the meat to form a thick coating. Allow to stand 30 minutes at room temperature until the rub appears wet, then season heavily again, pressing the barbecue rub into the meat so it sticks.

Slow-cook on the upper rack of a gas grill, turning frequently, until the meat is done to taste. Serve with your favorite barbecue sauce on the side.

Attachments

• Grilled bobcat.JPG
    Grilled bobcat.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 1,577
Mind you, that particular mix of spices and brown sugar would make about anything taste good. (y) Even coyote! :mrgreen: Does look fine, however.

Have to drop the cayenne. Every since I got food poison from food laced with cayenne I can't stand food with cayenne in it and I can smell it before I taste it.

Hmm never had an opportunity to taste any meat from the cat family.
It does look purrrfect :wink:.

Blessings,
Dan

I love hot food but a whole teaspoon of cayenne seams like
Alot!!!! Wow that must about like eating a scorpion alive!
1-spicy food.jpg

Yum! I like the spicy foods, and my oldest son LOVES hot stuff.

Bobcat is good eating? Dang. Didn't know. Have heard that mountain lion makes a pretty good meal too.

Guy

I've eaten mountain lion on several occasions. Like anything, how it is prepared makes a significant difference in palatability. Some that I've eaten tended to be overcooked. Other was quite tasty.

This looks and sounds like an awesome recipe.
I'll just have to add a little habanero to it.

Vince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can vouch for Mountain Lion. My old man brought a bunch home years ago from a couple of cats he took and they were amazing. I would most assuredly bring home as much meat as I could from another cat. It is excellent.

Oh and that Bobcat looks excellent! I may have to try a couple of them. My old man traps quite a few of the little devils in the winter. Sounds like a pretty danged good recipe.

Back