Elk steaks over charcoal

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Toss a couple of marinated elk steaks on the Weber Kettle, and look who shows up for dinner! Number One Son. Cool. Was great seeing him, he lives nearby and pops in every now and again. Has a knack for showing up when there is something particularly good to eat...

Earlier meal - pretty much the same thing - I just forgot to take a photo once our plates were full. Really nice evening, lots of laughing and talking.

I did note that neither he, nor his younger brother seemed to be around earlier when I was mowing the lawns... :)

Guy

Well, Duh! I thought our children showed up every time Dad cooks game. Good looking, wholesome plate, Guy. And, I don't blame your son for knowing just when to show up.

Man, that is my favorite meal right there. I do alot of sweet potatoes as well, but man, I love potatoes and elk on the grill. Even having a Traeger, I still fire up the Weber every now and again. Great grills.

Talk about the apple not falling far from the tree !!! He looks
Exactly like his old man........
For me the Weber grill is the Holy Grail for cooking Salmon.
Gotta say those elk steaks look excellent as well. (y)

35 Whelen":lqylyhqn said:
Talk about the apple not falling far from the tree !!! He looks
Exactly like his old man........
For me the Weber grill is the Holy Grail for cooking Salmon.
Gotta say those elk steaks look excellent as well. (y)

The Weber is a darned good grill. I think mine is going on 10 years old E and the metal still looks new. I have replaced the grate once or twice and the charcoal bins but it still works like the day I got it. Try that with some of the other junk peddled nowadays.

It does cook some good fish too.. Saying all this, I might have to fire it up tonight!

"I aint particular about my eats...just the company I keep". Looks like you made good on both ends Guy. Well done...and medium rare. :grin: CL

Looks like a meal fit for a king.
Duly noted, our kids are smarter than we think. :)

JD338

Back