Smoker: electric or propane

6mm Remington

Ammo Smith
Feb 27, 2006
SMOKER: Okay guys I'm going to purchase a large smoker and have been looking at Masterbuilt smokers at Cabela's and Sportsman's Warehouse here locally. Would you go with an electric or would you opt for the propane smoker. Trying to figure out if one is better than the other.

Really don't know if one is superior to the other. I have a Bradley smoker (electric). I like it; it does a fine job smoking foods. It is convenient and practically foolproof. I don't know that the propane unit would be better or offer a particular advantage. Candidly, I use the Traeger far more than the Bradley. I understand it is a different product altogether. Still, if I was to settle for just one, it would be the Traeger.

I use a Traegar also, they are amazing to cook, smoke, grill and just plain easy to make yourself a great cook!! I would suggest looking at the pellet smokers also.

Same here. Traeger all the way David. Cannot beat the Traeger.

Being a LEO, I'd bet you'll get a discount on them as well.

I agree with above, electric over propane but traeger rules them all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thebear_78":3hcr6j4t said:
I agree with above, electric over propane but traeger rules them all

Do you smoke fish with it as well?

Looking online they so seem to be quite versatile, and are highly thought by several of you on this thread.

I had always done fish on electric until this year. Smoked some reds on the traeger and they turned out great.

Just made $5 frozen pizza on the traeger today, better than delivery!

I have smoked both Coho and Pinks on the Traeger. It is simpler than the Bradley. In honesty, the smoked flavor from the Bradley is superior in my estimate. However, because of ease of smoking and because the flavor is quite good, I gravitate almost unconsciously to the Traeger.

I had always done fish on electric until this year. Smoked some reds on the traeger and they turned out great.

Just made $5 frozen pizza on the traeger today, better than delivery!

Back